0 0%
  • Older and proffessional

2 20.00%
  • none of the above, average

5 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mice or Mouses?

Lightbulb

I heard on a TechTV show that the term "Mice" is not used when referring to the computer type of mouse. It is not the same thing a biological mouse therefor being named differently.

Well whatever it may be, I'm gonna still call them mouse (singular) and mice (plural) because many of us are already accustomed to it anyways.
    Life is just a series of decisions, each one can alter your future and you can possibly end your life at any moment. Do you really want to be under the care of the Microsoft Support Center?!?!

Originally posted by tridentrue
    I heard on a TechTV show that the term "Mice" is not used when referring to the computer type of mouse. It is not the same thing a biological mouse therefor being named differently.
    I was given to understand that is acquired that name FROM the biological mouse. It was purposely named after If, therefore the plural should also be named after the plural of the original object.

If I named a hypothetical new invention of mine a newt, because it somehow is reminiscent of a newt, the plural wouldn't be "newties", it would be "newts." And not Gingrich either.

Also... TechTV? If these people are really on the ball, why are they broadcasting their show on TV anyway? They're just people who couldn't work at some computer magazine that is comprised almost entirely of premade computer pricing comparisons.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I read a long time ago, I believe it was from a Microsoft reference book or something like that, that the prefered term would be "mouse devices"...

Talk about typical microsoft workaround!

Ammo

Why not just call them rodents

i'll just call it a computer remote...
    -[h3llbringer] is back, again.
    -MSN CLoNE.