Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: chemical comes out of the closet

AntiOnline Newbie

chemical comes out of the closet

*cue Sonic Youth - diamond sea*

What are my qualifications! State them immediately else face a barrage of stupidity! Too late.

I will dully comply with your requests, but not before commenting upon them. Ad hominem attacks truly are the key to winning arguments, when you're 15 years old. And how can one attack someone you know nothing about? What easier way to "win" an argument than by discrediting your opponent? Using this clever tactic, you've no need to form a coherent argument in reply and there is absolutely no need to thinking at all. Once someone is thoroughly discredited, then that someone's ideas and thoughts are equally void and null. I HOPE MY HEAVY BREATH OF SARCASM ISN'T LOST ON YOU

My qualifications. Computing qualifications? Hacker qualifications? Is there a difference? That is food for thought given to wizeman and wizeman only

-I am not a hacker
    -I am not a script kiddie
    -I am not a newbie
    -I am not interested in computer security (anymore)
    -I am no longer involved in computers in any serious way

I got interested in the "hacking" scene at the ripe age of 15. Yes, I was as stupid as you all. I grew out of it (althought I'm sure many of you will argue against this claim.) I used to break into useless foreign systems, then run IRC bots off of them. Yes, I was also into EFNET IRC WAR. I once took over #shells (my efnet claim to fame). I eventually lost interest in computer security, little by little.. Trust me, there are far more interesting venues of knowledge in this world. By the age of 18 (the legal age in my part of the world), I stopped altogether. Computer security was no longer on my list of interest. I avoided it completely.

This is when I got into college. Computer Science, of course. Althought my interest in computer security was gone, my love for computers remained. I got into programming, mainly C/C++. I was at the top of my class for the three semesters that I stayed in this program. My plan was to get this Comp. Sci degree and persue my interests in the field of software engineering, getting a degree from a prestigious university in such. I would have succeeded and no doubt gotten a lucrative job. I'd be set for life.

The problem was that computers no longer made me happy. Spending my time programming stupid applications no longer appealed to me. I'd figure out a clever algorithm, but would hate to appy it. Anything non-theory annoyed me. The ineptness of my classmates annoyed me. I eventually dropped out of computer science in hopes of persuing a field of study more appropriatie to my interests. I'm now heading towards either a career in journalism, political sciences, law, or anything else that strikes my fancy long enough for me to take notice.

I still retain computers as a tool of communication and as an occasional hobby.

Why am I here? Oblio had spoken about his fun times on antionline, so I decided to join and see what the fuss was all about. Yes, you can all be extremely entertaining, in your own foolish ways. My comments in the 'poison' thread still stand. I still firmly believe in what I said, this from experiencing this 'culture' many years ago, and from being in computer science for a year and a half.

KISSES

Well.....you seem to have your mind made up!
    Just answer one question. Are you autumn regret like larryjs says?

Why not apply what you know and help people who need help.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Interesting...at least this proves you either spent a long time making that sound glorious or you can definitely write. I'll go with the latter due to the fact of your journalism comment. There's only a few things I found wrong with the post:

1: not everyone started out as a script kiddie. I didn't. I was into computers and doing unix administration for 3 years before I "broke into a system". I never ran IRC bots, was never part of any "war", or anything else your standard 15 year old kid interested in breaking systems might be in. There's quite a few of "us" out there who're more interested in working with the system for administration, security, programming, etc...because as learning how something works, you know how to break it. It's inherent.

2: you still have that "I'm mightier than you" syndrome. Maybe journalists are like that, so "obsessed" with their version of what things are like that they don't change their tone/view for anyone else's opinion. Then again, everyone could be like that but you really come off as a 'mightier-than-thou' person. We'll skip that for now because this post was actually good to read.

3: not everyone is "stupid" when they start out on computers. Most of us, not knowing anything, messed up things but learned from it. That's how knowledge goes. And we're all "stupid" in some form even today, in our own fields. I mean, who knew that if you remove a network card from Device Manager on Windows but not from Network Neighborhood that it would COMPLETELY TRASH your registry and render your machine unbootable? Not me, that's for sure, but that hardly counts me as stupid. That's the programmer's fault for not putting in better error-correction and whatnot. But I digress...

Yes, you can all be extremely entertaining, in your own foolish ways. My comments in the 'poison' thread still stand. I still firmly believe in what I said, this from experiencing this 'culture' many years ago, and from being in computer science for a year and a half.
    You're as entertaining in your own foolish ways too. Glad we agree on this. Glad your comments still stand because so do mine. I realize you haven't posted once in response to anything I've written regarding your posts or from Oblio for that matter. I understand if you're wanting to share lavender and music recipes with him/her/it but this *is* a security site. As for your "firm belief in what you said" having experienced this "culture many years ago", I'd say you're a bit more out of it than we are, since we're current on today and you're coming out of journalism or whatever...but I digress.

What do I think? I think I won't get a response but that's ok. At least I know I've tried to gather some reason for all of this (if you want to look at it through an analytical eye) yet who knows, this post might be totally avoided by Chemical/Oblio because it's mentioned that it's for Wizeman and Wizeman only. Damn?

"There are two kinds of sysadms. Those that've really ****ed up a system, and those that will." --my mentor in unix

Ever fsck up a system completely, Chemical? Oblio? I know I have. It's not that bad because it curbs your fear of screwing something up later...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Senior since the 3 dot era

Re: chemical comes out of the closet

Originally posted by chemical
    [B]*cue Sonic Youth - diamond sea*

I will dully comply with your requests, but not before commenting upon them. Ad hominem attacks truly are the key to winning arguments, when you're 15 years old. And how can one attack someone you know nothing about? What easier way to "win" an argument than by discrediting your opponent? Using this clever tactic, you've no need to form a coherent argument in reply and there is absolutely no need to thinking at all. Once someone is thoroughly discredited, then that someone's ideas and thoughts are equally void and null.
    You are correct where you say that ppl on this site use ad hominem arguments, but you used them yourself when you made that poison post about the ppl on AO. Like Vorlin said we are not all the same.

Law or journalism would be good choices for a sofist like you

good luck...

Re: Re: chemical comes out of the closet

Originally posted by VictorKaum

You are correct where you say that ppl on this site use ad hominem arguments, but you used them yourself when you made that poison post about the ppl on AO. Like Vorlin said we are not all the same.
    Not exactly ad hominen VictorKaum... the only one that agrees with chem is..........oblio.... you know something stinks about that

Senior since the 3 dot era

Re: antihaxor

Well antihaxor about logics...

first of all Chemical does use the 'converse accident' or 'secundum quid' argument, this is a false generalisation.

second: he mentioned the 'ad hominem' argument, the ad hominem argument is a term originaly used by John Locke. The argumentation is pointed at the person and not at the points he or she makes. (almost every flame war ends in ad hominem arguments, except when Negative is involved)

So I don't get your point when you say:
    not exactly ad hominen VictorKaum... the only one that agrees with chem is..........oblio.
    I don't see why the argumentation changes when someone agreed?

It still is a fallacy like chem said, but my point is that he self used some fallacies:

secundum quid and ad hominem

He even used the ad verecundiam argument, this is when someone makes a false use of authority.

So far the logics and fallacies.

(perhaps I will post a tutorial on this? LOL)

*Cue Limp Bizkit- Counterfit*

What are my qualifications!
    - That's right. You heard me boi...

<Begin_Ranting>
    I will dully comply with your requests, but not before commenting upon them. Ad hominem attacks truly are the key to winning arguments, when you're 15 years old.

And how can one attack someone you know nothing about?
    - I know nothing about you nor do I care to learn anything about you and you narrow minded opinions.

What easier way to "win" an argument than by discrediting your opponent?
    - Clever tactics aren't they?

...there is absolutely no need to thinking at all.
    - You must have reached this conclusion after reviewing your previous "tutorial".

Once someone is thoroughly discredited, then that someone's ideas and thoughts are equally void and null.
    - Your thoughts, ideas, and opinions were void and null after you posted your "tutorial".

I HOPE MY HEAVY BREATH OF SARCASM ISN'T LOST ON YOU
    - Your heavy breath repulsive. Get some tic-tacs.

-I am not a hacker
    - I coulda told ya thar boi
    -That's another one of your null and void opinions
    -I am not a newbie
    -That's an argueable statement
    -Blah blah blah
    -As if you were seriously involved in the first place.

I got interested in the "hacking" scene at the ripe age of 15. Yes, I was as stupid as you all.
    - More so than the rest of us.

I grew out of it
    - Because you couldn't cut the mustard. You don't have what it takes boi. At least you finally realised it.

(althought I'm sure many of you will argue against this claim.)
    - No arguement there.

I used to break into useless foreign systems,
    - That's an argueable statement but any ways, why would you break into a "useless" system?

then run IRC bots off of them.
    -Wow. How Ub3R1337 you are, running bots.

Yes, I was also into EFNET IRC WAR.
    - Good for you. It seems as if you take some sort of pride in takeing part of the efnet irc war.

I once took over #shells (my efnet claim to fame).
    - Yes a clame. Your clame. Hey guys, once i hacked a gibson. Hey, this one time, i hacked a bank. Hey guys, I can hack hotmail.
    Whoopty *****ing do. It's a self made claim and not even one worth claiming.

I eventually lost interest in computer security, little by little..
    - In other werds, he couldnt get help, he continues to get flamed, and he simply can't cut it.

Trust me,
    - Trust you? I'd rathe shoot ya.
    I trust you as far as I can throw ya.

there are far more interesting venues of knowledge in this world.
    - Go on. Go away. Go explore those other venues.

By the age of 18 (the legal age in my part of the world),
    I stopped altogether
    - That means, the guy lost all hope and finall figured it out, after 3 years that he cant make it in the security industry.

My plan was to get this Comp. Sci degree and persue my interests in the field of software engineering, getting a degree from a prestigious university in such. I would have succeeded and no doubt gotten a lucrative job. I'd be set for life... I eventually dropped out of computer science in hopes of persuing a field of study more appropriatie to my interests.
    - Once again, you've failed. He went to college to learn about computer but he quit.

I'm now heading towards either a career in journalism, political sciences, law, or anything else that strikes my fancy long enough for me to take notice.
    -Go strike your fancy else where. You interest in security is gone, remember? There is no need for you to be here. GO HOME BOI.

Why am I here?
    - That's what I was wondering.

Oblio had spoken about his fun times on antionline
    - Oblio. HAHAHA. No comment. HAHAHA

I still firmly believe in what I said, this from experiencing this 'culture' many years ago, and from being in computer science for a year and a half.
    - And after words, quiting. Droping out. Failing. Makeing an attempt to move on and get over the fact that you cant make it in the computer industry... Ouch...
    </End_Ranting>

Remote_Access_

oblio
    I am incredibly attracted to you victorkaum

Re: chemical comes out of the closet

Originally posted by chemical
    What are my qualifications! State them immediately else face a barrage of stupidity! Too late.

I will dully comply with your requests, but not before commenting upon them. Ad hominem attacks truly are the key to winning arguments, when you're 15 years old. And how can one attack someone you know nothing about? What easier way to "win" an argument than by discrediting your opponent? Using this clever tactic, you've no need to form a coherent argument in reply and there is absolutely no need to thinking at all. Once someone is thoroughly discredited, then that someone's ideas and thoughts are equally void and null. I HOPE MY HEAVY BREATH OF SARCASM ISN'T LOST ON YOU
    I don't think you've said anything here that hasn't been said recently of the flames going on in the various forums.

My qualifications. Computing qualifications? Hacker qualifications? Is there a difference?That is food for thought given to wizeman and wizeman only

Yes.

-I am not a hacker
    -I am not a newbie
    What are you doing here?

I got interested in the "hacking" scene at the ripe age of 15. Yes, I was as stupid as you all. I grew out of it (althought I'm sure many of you will argue against this claim.) I used to break into useless foreign systems, then run IRC bots off of them. Yes, I was also into EFNET IRC WAR. I once took over #shells (my efnet claim to fame). I eventually lost interest in computer security, little by little.. Trust me, there are far more interesting venues of knowledge in this world. By the age of 18 (the legal age in my part of the world), I stopped altogether. Computer security was no longer on my list of interest. I avoided it completely.
    Impressive, in one paragraph you basically state that anyone and everyone who is here was/is into the 'hacking' scene. This is unfortunately rather untrue. In other words, you were a script kiddie...

--cut--

I still retain computers as a tool of communication and as an occasional hobby.

Why am I here? Oblio had spoken about his fun times on antionline, so I decided to join and see what the fuss was all about. Yes, you can all be extremely entertaining, in your own foolish ways. My comments in the 'poison' thread still stand. I still firmly believe in what I said, this from experiencing this 'culture' many years ago, and from being in computer science for a year and a half.
    Let me get this straight. You were in the 'hacking scene' some time ago (2-4 years or longer), you got to college found out you didn't like it, and decided to switch career choices.

Now, given what I've read/heard of Oblio (Debris?), I would guess that you're lying about being at the top of your class. It sounds to me like you were a script kiddie who couldn't cut it in college, and you're still sore about it.

Sure, you've got some valid points about the behaviour of some specific individuals here, but I fail to see how this makes you the superior person you come across as trying to be in your posts. You have a gift for writing, so perhaps your talents will be better served in the study of journalism.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?