Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windows XP flaw

Banned
    Nah, XP is a step in the right direction for Miro$oft. And thank you for the help eeshman

Im probably gonna get flamed for this, but here it goes anyway. How do you scan/close ports on your computer ?

Their are plenty of port scanners around, and just about all of them will scan ports. some faster, some slower. so unless you have a need for a super fast scanner that will do four or five different types of scans in stealth mode, on 20 different networks at the same time, while whisteling songs from the grand opre. just get a free one with a nice interface. i use ultrascan, kida slow, not too many features, but its free and i already have it.

in the nt type operating systems, you do have the option to only allow certain ports to connect on an interface. in dial-up and network connections, right click on the device your using, choose properties, double-click tcp/ip then select advanced, then filtering.
    im on a 98 box right now so this, i believe, will take you in the right direction.
    If your running a 9x mach., you can only do it with a FW.

see...no flames
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”