I have been reading this board for a few weeks now and i have noticed some discussion, of newbies asking stupid questions. And the diffrent newbie guides. I would like to share with you my newbie guide. The one i use. And i am still a newbie.

Step one, get two $100 computers (p166)
Step two, install dual boot of windows, and any unix, (linux,freebsd...)
Step three, run crossover cable from on to the other.
Step four, play
Step five, if all else fails RTFM,

Then if(when, i'm sure you will) u still find something u don't know and can't figure out.
Then ask questions.

Since i'm new in this posting bussiness a little background on me.
I'm a 17 year old senior in highschool.
At this moment i am in a Cisco CCNA class, just finishing up 2nd semester.
I have been play with computers for years. Started fixing and building about three years ago. Just with in the last year i've gotten into networking and security. And just recently gotten in to programming. Worked a little with QBasic a few years ago but now moved to a current language of VB.

Just a little bit about me.

And for the record anyone who wants to "Flame" me for this, i couldn't really care. That is the one thing i really don't like about this board, but i guess its true everywhere. Why can't this crap end in high school. I mean were all on this board for a similar reason. Whether its to break security or create it. Were all here to learn.

I hope at least a few of you will be happy with the addition(me) to these threads.