oblio

freedom for cash

I bought two books tonight
    one is

House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewski

the other is

The Indie Band Bible by Mark Makoway

rofl

You'd better cuddle up next to chemical when you read House of Leaves. Thats one scary book....

You wasted your money buying a book on the Indie music scene...Indie is DEAD!

oblio
    the spirit of indie rock died with kurt the corporate cry baby. Or did it? Montreal's chic St-laurent street hosts a premier cafe owned by post rock gods, GodSpeed you black Emperor. It feels like 1992 in there, and I hear they play sonic youth. The spirit is alive and well in this cave. Although many of the bands have parted many are still around, even erics trip did a reunion tour this year. Wasting my money, no, this book contains a wealth of information despite the fact that it is writen by panzy #1.

Originally posted by oblio
    the spirit of indie rock died with kurt the corporate cry baby.

Very true. After seeing Nirvana play a couple of times the rest just didn't seem to cut it. Although Rancid came close, I must admit.

I suppose we have Miss Love to thank for the death of Indie....seeing as SHE KILLED KURT!

I suppose we have Miss Love to thank for the death of Indie....seeing as SHE KILLED KURT!

rofl

oblio
    please spare us the banter. In my opinion 'indie' is not dead. The same folks who loved and cherished the music and lyrics are all still around. Many bands with various 'alternative' views to traditional modern techniques are still around and the 'scene' is as vivid as it always has beem/

Have you read Bulgakov's Master and Margarita, I think you'll like it.
    \"SI JE PUIS\"