Thread: Hacking cellphones

Hacking cellphones

Researchers in Holland discovered a bug in the operating system used in many popular Nokia phones. A hacker could exploit the security hole by sending a malformed SMS message — short, electronic text messages of about 160 characters or less — capable of crashing the operating system.

Read full article at www.xatrix.org

That's not so good, makes me erase my mobilen° from my ICQlist
    \"An artist cannot fail, it\'s already a success to be one!\"

\"Before you open your mouth to speak, please make sure it\'s an improvement upon the silence.\"

Lightbulb

This has been demonstrated last year during HAL2001 byt Job de Haas from ITSX, the company founded by the famous Dutch Hacker Rop Gongrijp aka Hacktic.
    I have a powerpoint presentation from Job de Haas himself where he explains the problem and how it is exploited.
    If you would like a copy feel free to PM, I have promised to do this before but I misplaced it and forgot to remind the ppl who requested the file.

It's a good thing I'm using Motorolla!!!

Originally posted by D'Arte
    That's not so good, makes me erase my mobilen° from my ICQlist

LOL...I always wondered who the people were that actually put their phone number on-line...

Originally posted by Focmaester
    This has been demonstrated last year

That's right. It's getting a bit old now. I think Nokia even released some kind of patch for it. I could be mistaken though.

FreeAgent

Thumbs up

I have always wanted to learn how to hack into cell phones... Does anyone know any cool tricks for a sprint phone???

Keepen it real
    FreeAgent