Thread: MHTML format

MHTML format

i'm no advocate of microsoft but i'd like to say that i really like the mhtml format and more browsers should support it or some other similar format.

Question ???

Have I missed something, please tell me what mhtml is. Sorry if this is a really obvious question.
    -=Plague of The IV=-

Two great things came from UC Berkely; LSD and BSD.
    :-)

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    It's sounding like "Microsoft HTML" which means only IE supports all the nifty things it does. This is nothing new to MS as they're trying to write things that aren't standardized so that everyone has to use their OS/products. Lame bunch of fscknuts. Notice, pages created by FP or other MS-related products are the farthest away from W3C standards?
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

i don't know what it stands for but apparently from what i've seen it contains all of the multimedia data and the html in one file, and its very useful for someone like me who archives a lot of web sites.

You talking about this?

This is what I found on mhtml:

"As a document format for Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) e-mail, HTML has been available for years in the form of the text/HTML content type. However, the richness of HTML as an interoperable e-mail format can be achieved only through the use of the MIME multipart/related content type. This content type allows the message to contain an HTML page and other resources, such as pictures and sound, included directly in the MIME hierarchy of the message. This data can be referenced through links from the HTML content and used to complete the rendering of the document. This usage allows the recipient to resolve all the links "locally" — that is, without having to use the network.

MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate HTML Documents (MHTML) defines the naming of objects that are normally referred to by URLs and the means of aggregating resources that go together. Two MIME headers, Content-Location and Content-Base, are defined in order to resolve references to other content stored locally in related body parts. Content-Base gives an absolute URL base, or "starting point", for relative URLs that appear in other MIME headers and in HTML documents that do not contain any BASE HTML elements. Content-Location specifies the URL that corresponds to the content of the body part that contains this header."

There is more at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...s_of_mhtml.asp
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Huh? So are we talking about multi-language HTML or MIME Encapsulation HTML????
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

MIME

anyways, it's really kewl.