I'm very much a beginner to all this, and it's had to happen rather than me wanting to know stuff out of curiosity... Situation is this. We run a Win 2k machine at work, and the fool who used to run the system has vanished, letting us all down very badly, and he didn't tell us the administrator's password. I'm left to try and fix all he's done, but this is a complete pain. We need to get the data that he had stashed away under his user name (as administrator), so a format is out of the question.

Is there a way of doing it?

I've trawled so many sites, and this one looks like it has the best minds in it, and I would really like to enjoy some of my holiday with my family, as so far I've worked every day trying to figure this out.

We do have access as guests to the system, so we at least have access to some things, but it won't even let us create new templates on word.

Is there a way to prevent anyone from re-establishing themselves as the only administrator?

I'd appreciate advice from you guys, as you seem like a very good bunch who know where it's at.

Please help me!!!