Thread: help!

help!

hey guys ok first question is i need a crack for Zone Alarm Pro.

ok big question, i'm networking win 98 to linux Box i'm install linux and all on a 120 mhz computer i find it slow as hell i click on something takes 10 minutes lol its funny but then again i'm the one using it or trying to and not getting anywhere cant set up anything cuz of the slow speed. Now to speed up my 120mhz computer its Pentium 1 intel , cant i just take out the p1 chip and throw in a intel pentium 3 to make it faster. Need some replies and thanks for the help

Happy Holidays

Re: Ymets2k01

Hmmm, for the first quesiton, I leave you with the answer to this question, with another: What is under the logo of AntiOnline?

Why not buy an AMD?
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

oblio
    WebCarnage, why do you answer with idiotic tripe. Try answering the questions instead of posting inconsequential responses.

You cannot just remove the pentium processor, you will need a new motherboard. If you are trying to run KDE (which I assume you to be doing), and this machine was only 16mb of ram you will run into a problem. You will either need to learn the command line or use a lighter windows manager like windowmaker.

Red face

Cracks are VERY simple to come by. Checkout alt.2600.crackz. Obviously they're only for educational purposes though and must be deleted within 24 hours of downloading. Why the hell anyone would want to use ZA Pro is beyond me. Each to their own I suppose.....

Has that dick, oblio, pointed out , you can't just swap the processor without replacing the motherboard. A more economical approach is to shove in more RAM......

Why do you want to get us in trouble by asking us to help you pirate a program, in a public forum, when there's no need to?
    Don't use Zone Alarm. Use Tiny Firewall from TinySoftware.com, it's free.

If you have to use linux on a 120 box, get a version made for older machines and learn to use the command line or midnight commander, which is also free.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Re: help!

Originally posted by Ymets2k01
    Now to speed up my 120mhz computer its Pentium 1 intel , cant i just take out the p1 chip and throw in a intel pentium 3 to make it faster.
    No, you can't. P1's can be piggybacked, but not upgraded...and I'm not sure that they even make the Overdrive chips anymore...
    Like Oblio said...get a new motherboard and put in a whole new chipset.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Wow... oblio said something that made sense!!! It's a miracle!!! But why does he still have all those little red dots...
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Senior since the 3 dot era

Re: help!

Originally posted by Ymets2k01
    Now to speed up my 120mhz computer its Pentium 1 intel , cant i just take out the p1 chip and throw in a intel pentium 3 to make it faster.
    You cannot do things like that. You could however check if your motherboard supports other processors than 120 Mhz, like 133 Mhz. If it does, this will give you some small increase of speed. You need to check compatibility, voltages, bus clock speed, socket type, multiplicator.

I do not recommend using some overdrive chip (Anyway, I think they were only available to overdrive 100Mhz chips)