Thread: Idea: Give you a place to practise!

Idea: Give you a place to practise!

Hi all:

I am a newbie for hacking. when I want to practise what I learned from books or Internet, I cannot find anywhere to practise, I think many people have the same problem as me. so I want to give me and give you a place to proatise what you got. I got a desktop at home and I am using ADSL for surfing the net. and also I have got a domain name but no website. all of those things could be available for you. anyone could please give me some idea or suggestion for that? I really need someone help me!

No.

Go to cyberarmy.com or something. Cracking challenges tend to draw the script kiddies and the arrogant more than anything else, in my opinion. Cyberarmy really went downhill since I first tried the Zebulun challenges two or three years back. (Got up to Lt.Kernel before they reset everything, and I wasn't interested enough to retry, given the quality of the challenges.)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

NO? I don't understand. I am not good at English, did I clear myself: I want to give people my IP address and they can footprint or scan or telnet or ftp my computer. They can hack my computer!

why that is not a good idea? but anyway thanks for your answer!

Try out the Hacker war games (totally legal)

www.pulltheplug.com

www.hackerlab.com (I think)

or goto

www.happyhacker.org goto wargames section

I hope this is ok
    - Voodoo

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Unless you're storing absolutely nothing on that machine that you care about and don't care if it gets trashed, then that's all good. I think though, you'd find that the more honest people that try to learn are few and far between and you'd get a whole lot of people just trying to break your sh*t.

Rebuilding's no fun after about the 10th time...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

The best way to get experience without getting arrested is to set up a hacking lab or a small home network. Try you exploits out on your own machines. This way you can see what the results are and how visable you'd be. If you don't have the resources (no money or no ideas)to get more computers get a friend or 2 involved.
    giving out person info for this, is like asking for help from deamons.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Sorry, I think I partially misinterpreted what you meant, but my original feeling remains: I know that if Antionline becomes associated with a cracking challenge, they'll be flocks and droves of 'undesirable elements'. (People trying to prove something and look techno-macho, kiddies, etc... fuzzy definition, I know.)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Originally posted by Terr
    Sorry, I think I partially misinterpreted what you meant, but my original feeling remains: I know that if Antionline becomes associated with a cracking challenge, they'll be flocks and droves of 'undesirable elements'. (People trying to prove something and look techno-macho, kiddies, etc... fuzzy definition, I know.)
    HeHe I thought we had that problem as it is....But really I do not have a problem with trying to hax your box if you want to test its SECURITY(I do not mess up poeple's computers...on purpose anyway hehe)but just to learn how to hack?....No Terr is right. We don't need a hundred new "how to hack xxx" threads started.

Re: Badapple

Yea BadApple, I'm with Terr on this one. I mean...if AntiOnline does start with cracking challenges (which are usually Java related...hehehe). Then a flock of script kiddies will come and join AntiOnline and spread across the vast space of AntiOnline bandwith. Next thing you know...our Forums will be flooded with this exact question:

"Yoooo - I'm n0 scr1pty s0 ju57 h0ld 0n. I n33d th3 p4ssc0d3 to L3V3L 1. C0ulD AnyB0DY h3lp, or 3v3n b3tt3r d0 i7 f0r m3...pweese!!!11!!!11"

And members such as Ennis, Terr, Ms.Mittens, stflook, Negative and I (And many more of course)will have to leave AntiOnline just for some space to breathe. Even though some might be aquanted with new friends, such as oblio, Sebastos12, Hebris, Debris.... that will be it's only advancment. JP will then close down AntiOnline and hunt down the man/woman who convinced him to switch from forum to crackhouse. ...*sigh* ....

Or...we could just ignore your post BadApple...

[P.S.- By the way, welcome to AntiOnline ]
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]