Thread: Trojan Horse?

Question Trojan Horse?

Hy,

I have got a problem with tow files. My Scanner points them out as suspiccious files, but can´t neither disinfect them nor delete them, for they are used by "windows".

They are called:

3DSETUPL.EXE
    KeyHook.dll

Is someone out there who knows these files or has some suggestions how tow deal with them?

Thanks in advance

Hy tow you tow Agamemnon. What scanner are you using and what does it say is infecting these tow files?

Hy,

I´m using the F-Prot Antivirus 3.11.
    It claims the 3DSETUPL.EXE a "security risk or "backdoor" programm", and the KeyHook.dll as an "destructive programm".

Post Scanner

Dude...try manually deleting them. If not, get yourself a copy of System Mecanic and install their Incinerator (Like the Recycle Bin but better). Or try restarting in Command and deleting them from there.

[P.S. - Get a better AVKit...I'm not to sure about the one you have right now. But try Norton or McAfee...both are good]
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Re: Trojan Horse?

Originally posted by Agamemnon
    Hy,

I have got a problem with tow files. They are called:

3DSETUPL.EXE
    KeyHook.dll

It is a trojan. It goes by the name of Masters Paradise. It listens on ports 40421, 404022, 40423 or 40426tcp. It has the same characteristics as our old friends Netbus and Sub7.

You're in luck though as it's rather simple to manually remove. Follow this link to the instructions and good luck!

The horse is dead, thanks for the help.