Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stand by for more nasty Web attacks in 2002

Exclamation Stand by for more nasty Web attacks in 2002

This year has been very tough due to lots of attacks over the net...

Viruses, Worms, Trojans, DDOS.... name it.. its everywhere.. businesses gone down.. lost profits.. damages done by these malicious programs..

Experts say to hold on to your socks coz this comming year will be more worse... as time pass, these programs have evolved and adapted new characteristics.

These scripts can not only infect and spread computers but can aslo do tasks that no virus prorammer have ever thought of before..

Nimda was one of them...which spread via e-mails and infected Web pages and servers. The more methods of attack, the faster and farther a worm can spread, experts say.

viruses can now be written by anyone... as long as they have the right tools and knowledge... "gonner" was a dangerous worm.. and it was written in Visual Basic... one of the easiest programming language to learn..

After Code Red, the second most-costly virus, at an estimated $1 billion, was an e-mail worm dubbed "SirCam" that exported random documents from infected machines, putting the privacy of computer users at risk.

now comes the scripts.. yes scripts.. malicious pieces of code, that are transferred between mobile phones via the instant messaging system.

There are things that can be done today in which you can send a script and it can shut the phone off....

think of what will happen next...

*cough* Outlook Express *cough*
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Cool

lol i agree with that Terr.. these mail borne worms and viruses wont be that sucessful if it wasnt for the damn Outlook Express..

thats why personally i dun use outlook express.. i just use any public access e-mails like hotmail or myownemail..

for 2 reasons.. 1 its a waste of space.... 2 worms and viruses can access ur address book in ur pc...

and for those reasons.. i hate Outlook Express...

Originally posted by Terr
    *cough* Outlook Express *cough*
    Well not only Outlook, Netscape's communicator ****ed me over as well, my inbox got so corrupted by Badtrans that I couldn't read any old mail and Norton had to place it all in quarantaine.
    Now I check my e-mail with Kmail.

ohh my my ...2002 is really going to be bad...but i am worried about the moile phones...ohh...if mobile phones shut down then.....there willl be a biggest problem...

lets see....

intruder...

Exclamation Microsoft

...it's all Microsoft's fault...
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

...it's all Microsoft's fault...
    The blame lies in those who created the worms and those who foolishly knew about the problems yet made no effort to fix them. Microsoft can only be blamed for 50% of the problem.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Originally posted by ThePreacher
    The blame lies in those who created the worms and those who foolishly knew about the problems yet made no effort to fix them. Microsoft can only be blamed for 50% of the problem.
    50%... hmmm... That's good enough for me!
    MS makes the OS, and it sux.
    MS makes the server software for it, and it sux too.
    MS makes support programs and they suck even more...
    How are the "normal" (not to clever) sysadmins gonna survive? MS sux! They probably even love the script kiddies for bringing them all the extra work... they are evil evil evil beings at MS... they're probably not even humans... lol
    (no offence evilseed... about MS being evil )
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    There are two sysadms when it comes to troubleshooting:

MS NT Admin: "Hmmm...oh, it's broke? Well, let's try this *clickity clickity click*. That didn't work? Well, we'll have to wait for a patch from the vendor."

Unix Admin: "Hmmm...oh, it's broke? Let's see...*tappity tappity tap* ... that didn't work? Let's try this *tap tap tap* ... That work? No? Let's try one more thing ... *clickity clickity clonk*..HAHA, I am successful."

NT "admins" in my book have never been curious as to really try to fix things, for one reason or another, and because of that, they have to HEAVILY depend on MS and vendor-support. This makes for terrible trouble-shooting support and herds you to the vendor of the OS or product. Not my liking at all, that's for sure.
    As far as I'm concerned, I'd love to have a secure Windows OS that doesn't have more holes than anyone could feasibly count, but because MS just LOVES to integrate everything with vbScript, Internet Explorer, etc etc, we're going to have to maintain watch. And with guys like Matty Cross who diligently post about these new and upcoming things (otherwise I'd never know), as well as others, we'll be able to do something about it, even if it's as simple as spreading the word on patches or whatnot.

And yes, I blame MS more than 50%. God alone knows a lot of these things could've been fixed a long long time ago but because greed fuels that company, it [has|won]n't be done.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Originally posted by zion1459
    MS makes the OS, and it sux.
    MS makes the server software for it, and it sux too.
    MS makes support programs and they suck even more...
    MS sux!
    Look at it this way people, if MS sucks so bad, then 95% of people wouldn't be using their OSes. Why do techies love linux, unix, and all other OSes? Because of stability, FREEDOM OF VIRUSES, configurability, and no cost involved.

Why are their so many viruses, trojans, and programs causing mass problems for MS products? Because everybody uses their products! They must be doing something right to be selling so much of their products... Just something to think about outside the "MS Sucks" train of thought.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]