Thread: How to open Telnet service

How to open Telnet service

I have two computers, and I want to telnet to one from another. "Connection refused". How can I do that? I am running SuSE Linux 7.2 on both computers. It was refused by my computer or by my ISP?

Smile Here ya go

It is your OS, or as you put it, your computer. You can go here: http://www.suse.com/us/support/downl...s/72_i386.html and check out some updates or straight here: ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/upd...net-server.rpm for the rpm of a telnet server for 7.2. Hope it helps ya.

I downloaded the inte-Server.rpm, I try to use it open Telnet service, but I still cannot telnet it from my another! why? is there another way to open it?

thanks
    I\'d found my best love, but I didn\'t treasure her. I felt regretful after that. It\'s the ultimate pain in the world. If God can give me a chance, I will tell her three word: \"I love you\". If God wanna give me a time limit, I\'ll say this love will last 10 thousand years!

Well man, you could always just plant a trojan on ya PC that opens up a telnet port. One I know of is only 3k and it's called "tini." It just plain opens up port 7777 and you can telnet to it that way (TCP). Try it out.