Thread: Windows XP

Question Windows XP

anyone know exactly what the xp security problem is ?
    The More You Travel, The More You See. The More You See. The More you Learn...................[knowledge]

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    From what I've heard, it's a Universal Plug-n-pray bug that seriously compromises the system. As it stands now, the number of XP copies sold == 7 million or so. The number patched is so much lower, I'd say it's close to 1%. Check out www.grc.com for more information on this.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Its pretty scary about the pnp problem with xp lot of people are wondering why alot of techies have not switched over to xp i guess thats why i know i wont be switching anytime soon.
    Ee

Just to prove a point:
    News about the UPnP hole in XP might be hot stuff around the techno-circles, but for the common people.. hell 70% don't know what a goddamn PATCH is, never mind a bug. heh heh. Its would be interesting to see what we can come up with regarding this bug. I mean, what exploits can be used here. Any suggestions, Vorlin? Oh and another question. Won't simply running a firewall, and adding port 5000 ( the listening port ) to its range of protected ports somewhat solve the problem?

Cheers!
    I blame you cos my mind is not my own, so don't blame me if I trespass in your zone!