Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let the New Year bring productivity!

Smile

I agree, let's post more on security.

Of course, the forum descript for General Chitchat IS something to the affect of "talk about whatever comes to your mind"... And limiting that would violate the First Amendment to the United States Constitution

--PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Originally posted by PhirePhreak
    ... And limiting that would violate the First Amendment to the United States Constitution

--PhirePhreak
    Uh huh. And what if we're not from the US? Doesn't apply to us now does it? Although we have a freedom of speech in Canada's constitution things like Hatred are still not allowed as they can prevent the idea of enjoy of life.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Of course, the forum descript for General Chitchat IS something to the affect of "talk about whatever comes to your mind"... And limiting that would violate the First Amendment to the United States Constitution
    Well, while the general forum is for 'whatever is on your mind', I would state that in the month I've been here, I've seen a whole lot more of generalized verbal abuse, people openly flaming other people, and otherwise stupid posts. Why can't people use the general board for "general" posts, instead of having to post how much they "hate" someone, post attacks on others, and otherwise high-school bullsh*t? I'll answer that for you...it's because A: they're on the internet and they can easily "hide" themselves from others, B: because of A) they don't have to really "claim" responsibility for their written actions, and C: they think they have this "freedom of speech".

As for your comment on violating the first amendment, write an email to president@whitehouse.gov stating you want to do something bad to the president and you'll see just how "violated" your freedom of speech is. It's a matter of opinion and limiting a message board to get rid of the lame stupid dumbass posts isn't a bad thing. It simply prevents stupidity from being blatantly thrown around and just maybe, the site will get to a semblance of normal. This *IS* a security site, right? Not Jerry Springer on the Internet.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Sounds good, I'm up for that - a new and greater start to the year!

Greg

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Right on! Keep the positive vibes going!

--Todd
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.