Thread: Bug in Classic Solitaire

Post Bug in Classic Solitaire

I am helping a friend with his comp. and when ever he trys to play Solitaire, it says Illigal Action and then shuts down his computer. Any Ideas?

try reinstalling it by going into add/remove programs in the control panel.

you will see a "windows setup" tab, click on that.

then you will see a "games" checkbox. uncheck it, reboot (this gets rid of your crappy win games)

then after you rebooted go back there again and check the box, it will prob ask you for your win cd, so have it ready just in case.

reboot again....hope this helps

Im sorry my friend, but this is a shining example of Windows 9x syndrome. You open a program, a dialog box pops up and your whole computer crashes. What can you do? Download all the patches for your OS from Microsoft. Do a thourough check with scandisk, defrag the hard drive. Oh I dont know, stop playing solitare.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Originally posted by ThePreacher
    stop playing solitare.
    I believe that stopping whatever your doing when a problem occurs is not a solution, as it takes away from what your using the computer for.. in this case solitare... a better case would be if your computer crashed when you used an important tool or something (not that solitare isn't an important tool).. would you stop using the tool? I know I wouldn't.. I'd try my darndest (did I just say darndest?) to fix it...

Note: there are exceptions to this rule, for example.. if your hitting your computer with a hammer when the problem occurs, you most likely should stop it...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Originally posted by Matty_Cross

I believe that stopping whatever your doing when a problem occurs is not a solution, as it takes away from what your using the computer for.. in this case solitare... a better case would be if your computer crashed when you used an important tool or something (not that solitare isn't an important tool).. would you stop using the tool? I know I wouldn't.. I'd try my darndest (did I just say darndest?) to fix it...

Note: there are exceptions to this rule, for example.. if your hitting your computer with a hammer when the problem occurs, you most likely should stop it...
    Come on matty I was just kidding about that, dont be so serious. What Im trying to say is that the problem might not be the solitare program. My mother had a similar problem on her computer, but it only occurs when you use Aol, then try to use internet explorer. What, if any, other programs were you running? Is solitare the only thing that this happens to? Do you like solitare enough to have it crash your computer everyday .
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Solitare.. No...
    Spider Solitare.. Yes..
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Solitare.. No...
    Spider Solitare.. Yes..
    Spider Solitare rules.

Try running System Mechanic. You can get it from Downloads.com or iolo.com Have it delete all your junk files and clean your registry.
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

Hey Scout,
    What OS are you using? You could also post your hardware configuration. If you have 98 I have a possible solution,I have one possibly for 2000 also

one thing to check is to make sure that your computer is not over heating. If you don't have enough cooling then windows will pop up messages when you open a program that says an illegal operation has occured.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]