Thread: RH 7.1 with PCMCIA-support

RH 7.1 with PCMCIA-support

Happy new year eveyone!

I'm up and running with a Linux box again after spending some time in a Windows environment. This time I've installed RH7.1 on a laptop with ethernet conneciton through a PCMCIA card. And I got a little problem.

Sometimes, when I'm disconnected from the LAN, cable unplugged or LAN down, the PCMCIA stops working. I can see that because the little green light stops glowing, and when reconnected, I can't ping my router. Also when I put the screen on my laptop down, the PCMCIA card stops working.

So I guess my question is: How do I mount the PCMICIA manually, or whatever I have to do to make it work?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    ---
    proactive

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    What PCMCIA card is it? I had some success playing around with cardctl (I think.. I don't have my laptop anymore) and my Xircom PCMCIA card which has no support last time I checked.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

It's a 3Com Megahertz 10/100. Thanks for the advice! I'm upgrading to 7.2 right now, but I'll try it out later.
    ---
    proactive