Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Telnet ???

yeah he does suck i used to like him and this was my user name for everything . im too lazy to think of soemthing else
    XPaCiScOoL

[glowpurple]\"Your Smallest Flaw is my greatest Strength.\" - Me[/glowpurple]

Originally posted by ThePreacher
    Time for some shameless self promotion. Visit my page http://www.geocities.com/skriptkittykat/telnettut.html for a beginning telnet tutorial. Also learn how to send fake e-mail.

I noticed at your page you say "you won't be able to see what you're typing" when using telnet, or something similar. I wasn't able to go to your site and double check seeing as it was down, which is no big surprise with Geocities!

Anyway, that's not quite correct. If you click on terminal/preferences and than check "local echo" you'll be able to see what you're typing..

K1ll,

Echo is fine unless you have to many typos......no such thing as backspace. Regardless, anybody that is familiar with the old moo's and mud's are more than familiar with the limitations of telnet. Maybe the turorials need a little more 'juice' to them. But the idea is to learn about the protocol as a whole and not just how to sploit it. Try to get you to learn and think and then give you a resource to answer your questions. Well....laterz

Cordially,

Sp1d3r

Post Telnet.....

Ok, I know computers well enought og et around, and i'm getting linux installed for about the 15th time. But i'll be the first to say that I can always learn more. And there is always more to learn.

ThePreacher, Great tutorials, you have pictures of it and everything. That will really help the beginner.

Mystic Ravenous

Originally posted by ThePreacher
    Time for some shameless self promotion. Visit my page http://www.geocities.com/skriptkittykat/telnettut.html for a beginning telnet tutorial. Also learn how to send fake e-mail.
    I was able to connect to the geocities server, and get up to typing in the recipient's email (my email for testing purposes). After hitting enter, it tells me that it failed because it could not resolve my IP address. What could be causing the problem?

no bullshit no flames theres a text at www.lameindusties.org you will be inetersted in. its called exploring telnet a definate good read

protected server.... i tried this login on to yahoo wit multi porxy usin blackcodes multi browser and still could not get desired results.even wit my own login the login works but i think yahoo is goin way of hotmail is you login under one name and pass and continue tryin others within a couple tries you blocked
    if they were smart it would be one login per cookie and thas it but how far they will go for money to sacrifice security lol have watch yahoo /geocities i think myabe the startin to get people on their staff that are actualy intelligent(cough) anyway thats the prob search for a new server www.anti-yahoo.cjb.net has a list of recent unpatched dervers there may be one or two left if your lucky or pm me and i will trade with you ...

hey, nice tutorial you wrote Preacher

I just got one problem though.. when I type this:

rcpt to:mail@mail.com (for example)

I get this response:

mail@mail.com... Relaying denied

how come? I have treid with several mail of my own... but it wont work! bawling

or perhaps someone else know?

Hehe

Hmmm, sounds like you weren't paying attention to the part that about servers starting to block relay to prevent spamming on SMTP? If you can connect to the server....good.....means that the ISP is not blocking you. But if you get a relay denied then that means the particular server you are trying to sendmail through does not allow you to bounce off it's source to do so. Be careful.....most servers log that **** Just move on to a different server until you find one that allows. Well, I have to leave this shitty state soon so I'll be back next weekend with some kickass tutorials and white papers (hey!!, got a lot of free time at the Airport!)

Cordially,

Sp1d3r

if you want severs that allow un-authenticated relay, use the servers the spammers use. they set up server under various domain names around the world using multiple isps, once their domain is blocked by most. I use spade for a relay check then set my outlook express to use them as pop and smtp then use any user name i want.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”