Thread: Matrix in Middle-Earth?

Matrix in Middle-Earth?

Greetz!
    I just got back from watching Lord of the Rings, and have made a startling discovery. Elrond (the elf dude ), is Agent Smith from The Matrix!!! It appears that Frodo and his friends are the equivilent of Neo and his buddies, and the elves are all Agents!

Someone's gotta warn them!!! I'll take volunteers

--PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

yeah, the funny thing is the agent has a strong english accent but you would never know it in the matrix. also, on the matrix DVD it has a short interview with him and he speaks of going to New Zealand to go film LOTR. pretty cool

Wow... cool guy
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Thumbs down LOTR

LOTR was *too* damn close to the books to have taken the liberty of leaving out stuff....
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-==-=
    Noah built the ark BEFORE it rained.

http://ld.net/?rn
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-==-=

But would you have wanted them to keep everything... making the movie last until the next one came out?

When movies are made from books, there is always stuff left out, because what can be expressed in words on a page is much harder to do with people (face it, people are nothing but trouble)...

I do agree that they did leave things out which they shouldn't have.. simple things.... for example.. Boromir's horn... it was supposed to be broken when he died... it wasn't....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

I know matty... and they didn't even MENTION the re-forging of the Blade That Was Broken... pity. Or the gifts from the Lady of the Wood... only the light for Frodo

I thought the reforging of the blade happened in the second book...... could be wrong though, haven't read it in a while..

Can anyone guess what I'm spending my first pay pack on??? A new set of the LOTR books.. can anyone guess what I'm spending my second pay on??? A LOTR Chessboard... where the peices are shot glasses!!!! Get drunk and play chess.. truly an interesting mixture....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Well, you might be right on the reforging of the blade... but still, they needed the gifts from the Lady of the Wood. Especially the cloaks... they become increasingly important as the story goes on. Well, whatever

--PhirePhreak