Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Day Another Euro.

Banned

Another Day Another Euro.

Well here we in 2002 and Im creating a thread which is not a usual occurance Im usually replying.

Anyway for all our 12 members who are currently using the Euro I just realised that the new currency sucks.

Yes, crappy paper and miniscul coins. Jesus!

What do you all think?

Hi mom!
    Ennis, I share your pain. Tonight, I was in a pub, and tried to buy drinks with this new monopoly-money... as for the coins: up to now, we paid everything by shoving a pile of coins to the tender and saying "this should probably be enough" ...

Which genius thought of introducing new money at a time 70% of the population is intoxicated?

Happy New Year people :)

The positive thing with the new currency is that it'll be easier for me to compare computer prices between the countries. But I still don't really like it, a currency are almost like the flag or a stamp for a country it's a part of the identity :-).

I have decided to avoid the new currency as much as possible since it's so many damned coins I prefer to use my small plastic card instead of having coins in every pocket :-).

In Finland were I live (The Aaland Islands ) will we be more introduced to the new currency first on wednesday. All money machines (ATM) should then be exchanged and ready for the new currency.

Thank god for the dollar. Still the international money of choice... (at least that's what the government tells us over here.)
    Why am I still here?

Banned
    Maybe the Euro will take over the world, I can see it now the EU World Order controlling everything...wait they do that already...well they could interfere...wait..the do that too....ummmonly messing...EU is good ....

I agree with Alcatraz. The dollar is supreme!!!

The American dollar owns all yo euros!!!
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Thumbs up

I'll start using it when they make it of
    GOLD and stamp it with the face of
    a Hapsburg or Romanof emperor.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I prefer to stay inside where the harmful UV rays cant destroy my beautiful looks.

So I haven't used or even held the currency yet. I've seen it and it looks pretty brutal.

I wish we still had to lovely one-syllable punt instead of the tacky euro. But such is life.

The Euro is ****ed up, in Holland all the prices went up, video rental/cd prices and even the prices in the pubs.

The prices has went up in Finland aswell.. We don't have all the euro coins so due to that many prices went up with as much as 20 cents (euro cents).

Sweden took a good decision to keep their currency, but I guess it'll only be a matter of time before they also converts to the monopoly-alike euro. And probably some other countries will follow aswell and then the profecy Ennis predicted maybe will come true .