Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No geek?

Talking No geek?

Alright, I know that here are tons of geeks, but is there anybody that will consider him/herself normal, or even better, popular?.

On high school, back in my country, I was pretty popular. I play the guitar and sing, so I was invited to every party.

I dated the prettiests and most popular girls. I also was a Valedictorian, and graduated with honors.

I worked since I was 14, so I had enough money to fulfill all my expenses.

I started on computers when I was 12, with my C64. I got a Net+ and A+, and I'm going after my B.S.

Is there anybody else that also has a good selfsteem and would consider him/herself successful?

Now, don't get me wrong, I have tons of friends that are geeks, including my best friend, so I don't have nothing against them.
    Todo lo que no me mata me hace mas fuerte...

I dated the prettiests and most popular girls. I also was a Valedictorian, and graduated with honors.
    Nope sorry I gratuated a year early got my High School Diploma and my G.E.D. I guess that's kinda of better then graduating with honors. As for the prettiests and most popular girls, I only went out with like 1 of those. All the other girls were computer geeks and some were partiers beer drinkers but that's about it.

I worked since I was 14, so I had enough money to fulfill all my expenses.
    Yeah I think I started around 14-15 but working at KFC and crap. The coolest job I had when I was in High School was working at Play it again sports and watching all the MILTF's come in to the store.

I started on computers when I was 12, with my C64. I got a Net+ and A+, and I'm going after my B.S.
    Well I got A's and stuff in computer class but that doesn't take any effort. I started on computers when I was like 14 and I was into hacking, thank god that phase is over.

Well I guess I'm a geek, I read alot of material. And know alot more about computers then the average person. But AO is not were average people go and it's currently a learning experience usually everytime I come here. So a geek in training.

On high school, back in my country, I was pretty popular. I play the guitar and sing, so I was invited to every party.

I hated high school, it was a fascist dictatorship drowned in apathy where they taught sports. I had better things to do than to go out every weekend and killing brain cells. And can you say CONFORMITY! HA! Full of ****ing cliques"...they don't like something we like...so we are going to make fun of them"

I graduated and started college in September at the ripe old age of 17, I have my A+, there's nothing special about that. Same with net+, you just have to memorize your ISO layers.

Sorry, but I dont measure success by how good looking the girls I date are or if I get invited to parties.

hey freeOn, A+ is a certification for the IT indusdry not a mark in computer class

Have a look here...

Re: No geek?

Originally posted by Oso
    Alright, I know that here are tons of geeks, but is there anybody that will consider him/herself normal, or even better, popular?.

You have no business being here.

I was probably staring at the girls you were dating, while sitting at my lunch table writing video games on my tr-82 calculator or playing cards...
    As far as being successful, I think I am because I succeeded at not becoming a popular ******* like most of the kids in my school

ps - are you going to use this information to secure your mac?
    \"The problems we face cannot be solved by the minds that created them\" -Albert Einstein

Thumbs up

I have always followed one rule:
    Whatever I do, is cool.
    If I part my hair in the middle
    and read poetry to the gym
    class, that's cool.
    If I read Alice in Wonderland,
    that's cool.
    If I smoke dope,
    it suddenly goes from delinquent to cool.
    If I listen to Velvet Underground
    it's cool
    If I listen to Tchaicovsky,
    well, he just became cool.
    One day, I will get a MAC,
    it will then be cool.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Cool Cool?

Well, I am starting college classes at 15. I have not many friends, but the ones I haveare really great friends to me and I am so happy they are there. I am homeschooled, and have been into computers since I was 10. I wouldn't consider myself to be cool. I am kind of athletic, I have my own painthball team and course. I have never had a girlfriend, though I have an interesting story about that kind of thing which I will refrain from telling. I don't think I'm cool, but I like to do what I do and I have fun doing it.(No, I cannot diagram that sentence) I think that people who base alot of who they are on "cool" or "uncool" are going to mess up their lives down the road.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy

Re: Re: No geek?

Originally posted by Conf1rm3d_K1ll

You have no business being here.
    ROFL dude, that's too funny.

As for me, well, let's just say I can't wait for my reunion so I can see those that're supposed to have succeeded with 500,000 bucks worth of scholarships or had **** given to them fail. I've heard that quite a few of those didn't do very good with what they were given. Bunch of coddled ass-kissing ****ers, but that's just me.

Popularity is something else that I don't deem necessary to survival. What I find hilarious is that I could be going into Best Buy and get chuckled at or whatever by a bunch of guys and girls, yet they end up in MY section (computer section, gee, go figure) trying to figure out what's up, I step in, obviously VERY much on target with what they're trying to do and all the football in the world isn't saving their dumbass attitude. Laughable...

Image isn't anything when you have no knowledge to back it up.

I think what you'll find is that what you listed isn't quite what's around here. Tell us where you've been with computers, what you've done, where you want to go...those things are a bit more important on a security site.

On a last note, just for verification...you would qualify as a nerd, booksmart...not a geek. That's for those who want to rip things apart to see how they work, break things intentionally to fix them again, burn the candle at both ends over something that's stumping them only to be successful at 5 in the morning. Nerds definitely don't do any of that...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Hey I guess I am in the same boat as you Oso. I am considered a person who knows about computers (same as you) but I am also in a band and have a active social life. I like that balance.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]