Ok.... So here is the problem

My computer was comming up with alot of critical errors going on and wanted me to send in a report to Microsoft.. Of course i said screw that and just kept on going..

I wanted to get alot of junk off so I uninstalled a few things threw add remove and then later i restarted my computer

Now when it restarted it said... Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file.

Well i know hal = Hardware Access Layer
with this is mind about a week ago I installed another hard drive but i dont see why this would start messing with me know.. I am Using Windows XP professional (lets just say that its the creative version *microsoft didnt get any money from me on this one*)

I was trying to fix this on my own before bothering anyone so i did a search on google and basicly found nothing exept where some people where talking and had the same problem and one guy said

I restarted win xp. and now it says that hal.dll is corrupt or missing. goddamnit! i replace the file from the i386 file.
but then goes on to say that for him it didnt work.... I would like to try this but i am not really familiar with how to do this.

If anyone can help it would be apreciated plus if anyone else has any other ideas

Thanks