View Poll Results: How many hours a day do you spend on AO?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-2 hours

2 12.50%
  • 3-4 hours

2 12.50%
  • 5-6 hours

4 25.00%
  • 7-8 hours

0 0%
  • too damn long

8 50.00%

Thread: What Ever Happened To AOs News Section

acidphreak

Angry What Ever Happened To AOs News Section

I read this post on a diff. thread ->

I would like to see the NEWS SECTION back for the new year.
    The news section used to give the addicts of AO a sight into reality and what was going on in the world. It used to be a good place to get the security news. It used to be a place to post your views. I think it actually helped the disscussion board keep on the topic of security, and computers. It used to be one of the best features of AO. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I saw it.
    (FreeOn)

I would also like the news section to go back to being the biggest part of AO. I use to come to this site every morning just to check the news that was on here. Now it seems that the General Chit Chat is the only thing i see anymore.

AO -> PLEASE BRING BACK THE NEWS SECTION!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Banned
    First up it just went one day, I used to love it too twas great!

Anyway I recommend putting this in site suggestions so that JP will see it.

Anyway good luck and hopefully itll be back but remember it went for a reason.

I know the reason... Does anyone want to hear it?

The company that AO bought the royalties to the articles from died so they had to negotiate a contract with a new company...

Overheard JP say that in the IRC.... he also said that it should be back after the 1st....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

I think that it has been in the site suggestions a few times also.

I would also like to see it come back. I used to always read it every morning. It slowed down and wasen't updated for a few weeks then it just dissapeared.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Yea, bring the damn news back. I've been complaining about this since the first day it was taken down. Now all you see on the front page is posts by little kids tyring to hack hotmail. The news was cool, and I always had a great time discussing it with other members.

BRING THE NEWS BACK. The news made this site what it was.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...