Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I love Microsoft

Why I love Microsoft

Most people seem to find BSoD annoying. They find the OS unstable because of frequent crashes. Little bugs and glitches and compatibility errors bother them. For instance in Win95 a saved password in a DUN connection will suddenly disappear. For no reason. Most would consider that a bug that needs to be fixed.

I disagree. I think these bugs, glitches and crashes are very reliable and they add tons of stability. They are reliable in the fact that they happen. Consistently. Frequently. To the masses. And the stability comes into play in my job. As long as Microsoft exists my job as technical support for my ISP will never go away. So bring on the bugs and glitches and down with Linux, FreeBSD ect.. for the masses. I enjoy the pleasures of laughing at the users while fixing another microsoft caused error.

Long live the monopoly!

Khaje

-who is currently working with the users that are as stupid as micrsoft if your wondering why I sound so crazy-
    -Sanity is a matter of Perspective-

Banned
    Hell without Microsoft there wouldnt be much security to discuss.

"viva monopoly"
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

and who would we all have to beat up on? No Microsoft and we have no target for all of our pent up rage...
    The sky above the port was the color of a television, tuned to a dead channel- Neuromancer

Ewwwwww......
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

hehe yea RIGHT! I guess the oven makers in germany loved Hitler too.

Yea my favorite line when giving tech support to mbrs is

Me: ok double click on my computer
    Mbr: How the hell am i supposed to double click on your computer
    (mbr all frustrated and pissed off responce)

hard to belive but this has been said to me a few times
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

larryjs

Re: Why I love Microsoft

Originally posted by khaje
    Most people seem to find BSoD annoying. They find the OS unstable because of frequent crashes. Little bugs and glitches and compatibility errors bother them. For instance in Win95 a saved password in a DUN connection will suddenly disappear. For no reason. Most would consider that a bug that needs to be fixed.

I disagree. I think these bugs, glitches and crashes are very reliable and they add tons of stability. They are reliable in the fact that they happen. Consistently. Frequently. To the masses. And the stability comes into play in my job. As long as Microsoft exists my job as technical support for my ISP will never go away. So bring on the bugs and glitches and down with Linux, FreeBSD ect.. for the masses. I enjoy the pleasures of laughing at the users while fixing another microsoft caused error.

Long live the monopoly!

Khaje

-who is currently working with the users that are as stupid as micrsoft if your wondering why I sound so crazy-

You my friend ...are one of the many reasons there is a M$ monopoly. If you would learn unix you could get a REAL tech support job...I work with sco all day long.You get to work with intelligent poeple at the unix help desk. M$ blows donkeys

Thumbs up

All this talk of monopoly will seem quaint
    in a few short years.
    Back when IBM designed the PC,
    they hired this unknown little company
    to write the OS.
    They fully intended to USE the stupid
    geeks and move on.
    Gates put one small item into the
    contract.
    While IBM would "own" DOS, microsoft
    could sell as many copies they wanted
    to other parties.
    Gates and Microsoft turned the tables
    on the Mighty Big Blue.
    The Intel x86 line of chips is obsolescent.
    The "compatible" BIOS is an obstacle to
    the next generation of tech advances.
    Microsoft has always been aware of the fact
    that they have no particular lock on the
    future, any more than IBM did.
    For many people, Gates is what I call
    "villain of the month"
    While the people of the French revolution
    were busy destroying king Louis,
    Napoleon was lurking in the shadows.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

im going to be sick this is what microsoft does to computers so i think your job is going to be safe for quite some time