Thread: This feature deserves a thread

This feature deserves a thread

I'm talking about the chat room . I'll probally get flamed by the regulars but its worth it to push this feature. I guess the best way to start (if you have no IRC exp.) is to click on the chat link at the top of the page. When you get into the room you have 60 seconds to identify yourself to the antibot. If you fail to identify yourself after 60 seconds you get a funky nick like "guest 3245"
    To avoid that do this:
    /msg antibot identify password for ao
    This will let you keep the nick. There are poeple in there that know alot of **** but they hardly ever post like "xy" "jparker" "antichat" even JP shows up there alot!
    Everybody is friendly(well..MOST everybody) and they will answer questions about programming,networking and stuff.
    I overheard JP say that he wants to push the caht room more. He does a ton of work to keep it going and few poeple take advantage of it..so chat away. If you use an IRc client you can check out this link:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=136704

boom! back to that top!
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Oh yeah, and to make the identify process easier, I (being obsessed with aliases) created an alias to automatically do the /msg antibot identify <pass> with a simple command like /ident. Works well for me! Just a little suggestion

--PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

If you use mirc (I'm sure this is in other clients as well) there is a feature called Perform On Connect...
    You can get to this by going
    File -> Options -> IRC -> Perform

In here, if you type the command to identify yourself to the bot, (i.e /msg Antibot IDENTIFY xxxxxx) you will automatically identify when you connect to AO....

I only use AO irc, so this is ok, but if you use other servers, it may cause problems.. mainly sending your AO password to someone called AntiBot...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Banned
    Yep, IRC is a much faster way to get help.

If youre lucky you can find people like MsMittens and the rest there [and JP but he sems to working a lot] who always help.

There all a bit crazy too!

AO IRC is good, if you havent checked it out, do so now....!

irc

irc.antionline.com
    is THE fastest way o get help on stuff..

And
    /msg antibot identify *****
    should be the first thing ppl do..

AntiBot is not nice...
    But it beats the hell out of trying to get your userhandle untangled from the grip of anyone else...

the ghost command rules!!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !