Thread: Yahoo messenger and Yahoo mail

Exclamation Yahoo messenger and Yahoo mail

Hello,

I have a question with regard to the latest Yahoo Messenger and Mail too.

I read through other discussion forums that in most IM systems i can find the IP address of the person i am chatting with, through the MS-DOS prompt window using (netstat -a) command.

My question is, does this work on the new version of Yahoo messenger?

The other question i have. If i recieve an email from a person who's using yahoo email system, would i be able to find his/her ip address by looking at an email header?

My questions are not related to any malicious activities. My yahoo id and email has been hacked, and i need to find who did this and contact their ISP provider.

I appreciate any input on this matter thanks.

yes to both questions .... heres what you do send the person an im run netstat -a or -n dont matter what your lookin for is the connection on port 5101 which is the imvironment (this port is open even if your not currently usin an Imvironment..good ol' yahoo) that will give you the ip of the person your chatting with as for the email you must go into your preferences and enable all the options dealing with the header the ip will be there as i have tried it myself... get yourself a copy of neotrace and trace the ip it may give you a lot more info

Originally posted by phuckintwizted
    as for the email you must go into your preferences and enable all the options dealing with the header the ip will be there as i have tried it myself... get yourself a copy of neotrace and trace the ip it may give you a lot more info
    which preferences and where will he find them....at least tell him that...
    and how to get the header of the the mail ..this is my question..

pls help...

intruder...

Originally posted by intruder

which preferences and where will he find them....at least tell him that...
    and how to get the header of the the mail ..this is my question..

pls help...

intruder...
    Thanks for the Tip. I am aware of the prefrences in the Email Header. I will look into it, fix it and see what i will find. Thanks for the help, both of you.

Unhappy Ok It didn't work!!!!

yes to both questions .... heres what you do send the person an im run netstat -a or -n dont matter what your lookin for is the connection on port 5101 which is the imvironment (this port is open even if your not currently usin an Imvironment..good ol' yahoo) that will give you the ip of the person your chatting with as for the email you must go into your preferences and enable all the options dealing with the header the ip will be there as i have tried it myself... get yourself a copy of neotrace and trace the ip it may give you a lot more info
    Ok, Well, i am not sure if i am doing this right or wrong

I did what you suggested. However i was not able to get any IP address on the port 5101

I pmed my id that was hacked, and i ran netstat command specified in your suggestion. Port 5101 in my computer was connected to port 0 in my computer too!

Ok i am here suspecting, that might have happened because of a firewall i have on my computer. I am not sure really

Is there any suggestion or anything i should try? Or is there any other techinque in which i can find the hacker's IP address.

I tried the mail header technique. However i need to confirm the IP address through yahoo messenger too. Can anyone help me please?

Thank you for your time

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Return-Path: <msmittens@msmittens.com>
    Received: from [192.168.0.2] internal address ([24.102.xx.xx]) external/source ip address
    by fep04-mail.xxxx.xxx.net.cable.rogers.com email server
    (InterMail vM.5.01.04.01 201-253-122-122-101-20011014) with SMTP
    id <20011206155539.QHSO72504.fep04-mail.xxxx.xxx.net.cable.rogers.com@[192.168.0.2]>
    for <xxxxxxxx@rogers.com>; Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:55:39 -0500
    Mime-Version: 1.0
    X-Sender: xxxxx@pop.xxx.xxx.net.cable.rogers.com resolved email address
    Message-Id: <p05010413b8354629d96a@[192.168.0.2]>
    Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:58:48 -0500
    To: xxxxxx@rogers.com
    Subject: test
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ; format="flowed"

<x-flowed>test
    </x-flowed>

xxxx's were put in place to protect the innocent

Now you may not be able to get all this info. It depends on what yahoo mail will allow. This is one of the big reasons I prefer to use a real email program like Eudora where I can see header info.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Question Yes Exactly

Originally posted by MsMittens

Now you may not be able to get all this info. It depends on what yahoo mail will allow. This is one of the big reasons I prefer to use a real email program like Eudora where I can see header info.
    Thanks for your reply.

I am aware of how to investigate the email header and get the IP address from there. However, i have another concern. I am looking for a way to find the IP address by sending a PM to this person, or by other means, through communicating with the Yahoo ID.

I need to confirm that the person who hacked my ID and is using it now, and the threat emails i was getting are from the same IP address. I was able to complete the first half of the task. I got the IP address through the email header. Now i need to get the IP address through his ID (by sending PM, or using netstat command, or any other mean possible).

If i am successful with this the second task, i will be able to confidently determine who hacked me, and sent me those threat emails. And i will be able to contact their ISP provider too.

If anyone has an idea, or any suggestion, please post it. I really appreciate your help!

hahaha i just showd you how to get the ip thru instant message it would help tho if the person responded openin the connection. while in dos mode by the way run a ping xxx.xxx.xxx(thats the ip you put in)and see if the connection's live if so do tracert xxx.xxx.xxx then (using a port scanner)scan his ports(usually firewalled)but try anyway...the whole idea is to get an idea of who you are up against ..if he has open ports exploit em whie stil bitchin to yahoo..http://final-destination.viper-unlimited.com has a few annoyance tools plus a few other interesting downloads for yahoo..back to the point, i know the ip thru netstat -n works i have screen shots of the chat while we tested it and the dos screen shot of the netstat and the ping and the tracert phuckintwizted on yahoo for screenshots

it would help tho if the person responded openin the connection.
    Ok, so the condition is, i should trick this hacker, into responding to my PMs, which i doubt he would at all LOL.

http://final-destination.viper-unlimited.com has a few annoyance tools plus a few other interesting downloads for yahoo..back to the point,[/B]
    Ok, Are you sure this is the correct URL? I'd love to have the correct URL, i am kind of curious about the content of that web site.

Thanks for clearing this issue up. When i looked at the netstat command, i realized that it should work, but nothing was happening when i was PMing him. But now, i understand that he should respond in order for me to see his IP address. Ok, that's gonna be a little tricky to achieve lol

Ok thanks for the help again.

Finding an ip through Yahoo IM, well I ain't too sure about it as I don't use it myself but a tutorial I wrote on finding someones ip might help check it out.....

Finding an IP

hope it helps, got any ques about it feel free to msg me

Val`