0 0%
  • Yahoo

1 1.56%
  • Others

3 4.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you thin of Lindows?

What do you think of Lindows?

I have to admit that it looks really good. I also like the fact that 20 programmers are working on it instead of 20,000.
    http://www.lindows.com

P.S. Sorry if there is already a thread for this but I couldn't find it.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Talking Soundz good

It looks good, so let's hope. I think it's been mentioned a few times allready, but there hasn't been a thread about it I thought. It would be an advance to have a both-compatible OS. If it works good, that is. I'd at least give it a shot.

I think it has grest potential for the computer world it offers somthing that Linux and Windows don't. The only bad thing is it doesn't have support like the famous Red Hat Linux. It needs help getting off the ground and it needs financial help. I think lastweek or a couple of weeks ago Microsoft was already sewing them for there name sounding to much like Windows. I know it sounds stupid but it is a big deal in bussiness over right's issuses and all that. But this is also an attack by microsoft to destroy an upcoming competitor. I also think that in order to make Lindows better they are going to need more then 20 programmers. Today people need somthing better then every thing else, it needs to have all the bells and whistles. 20 programmers is good but it's not enough. I think Red Hat Linux got alot better once normal programmers started making applications, and programs for it.
    It helped the development of the operating system.

Well I go to go I just got my snowboard!

huh?

It doesn't need app support. It'll (suppossedly) run all the windows apps. Including but not limited to Office, which is a big plus. (for people who use that software.) All they need to do is write the hooks from the Linux kernel to the apps. ( I know I'm oversimplifying, but...) It's good to let the left hand know what the right is doing..right? With 20 programmers that easy. You put them all in one room and let them work it out. With 20,000 that's a little harder even with M$ software.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Hmmmmm I need to get into linux.

Banned
    Should be good, Im gonna sit back and see what everyone thinks before I pass judgement!

I think Lindows will rock..

I have some xperience on wine..
    Mixing 98SE and Linux..
    That worked great...

So I think and hope that Lindow's will rock..
    Together with some friend's we're buying our local internet-cafe a copy...

Just to check out if it works in that kind-a situation...

Didn't I already start a thread on lindows??
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

It won't even get off the ground if Micro$oft have their way. They aren't too happy with the name to start with. They assume that people will get confused by the similarity of Windows and Lindows. I always suspected that M$ held the view that the general public are all idiots....

Anyway, you can find out more about the current court case here

originally posted by Ennis
    Should be good, Im gonna sit back and see what everyone thinks before I pass judgement!

You know what they say about "fence sitters"....Well, neither do, I but apparently it's not good!

just thought i'd add

Of course, at this point, it's mostly hype. At least it's a nice claim: LindowsOS users will simply run the CD or download the program off the Windows installer, with no mods or additional software required.

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/s...337994,00.html
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Banned
    You know what they say about "fence sitters"....Well, neither do, I but apparently it's not good!
    Sore arses I hear...!