Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have been hacked!

for how many times since i babling icq. i've warned all people that icq is so wonderfully buggy and full of holes. i guess the best thing you do is not to use icq at all. it's not so nice but it's the whole truth. i repeat that icq is not good. but who am i by the way?!
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

In theory it's always possible to see someones IP when he/she makes a direct connection to you.
    VictorKaum, its a fact.

I did not have a direct connection - such as sending or receiving files - to this person.

I had talked with this person earlier on icq that day.

Is it possible that they were able to access my computer and disable my internet explorer?

Hey..
    Were you in a Chat with them? I believe the chat also uses a direct connect....

protocool.. ICQ does have bugs and holes, but what IM doesn't... The viewing of the IP when the users are direct connecting is a flaw shared by every IM that is not completely server based..... obviously because if its server-based, then your not direct connecting.....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

No, have never been in a chat with this person.