Thread: New Post/Threads Bug?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

New Post/Threads Bug?

Ok. I don't know if anyone else has this and its more of a weird annoyance but when I hit the Mark All Forums As Read and go back to the Main Page, I notice that the New Threads and Posts indicates may only go down rather than set to 0 (which is what I expect them to do).

An example is today. It's 8am. There are not a lot of posts going on. My count was at 15 new threads and 350 posts (where these posts are I don't know). Anyways, I hit Mark All Forums Read and go back to the front. I now have 10 new threads and 200 new posts. I don't think there were that many. I do it again. 3 new threads and 188 posts. I think you see the pattern.

Normally, I should get 0 new threads and 0 new posts. If I keep up the Mark Forums Read and main page, after about 10 times I finally get to 0. Anyone else? Or maybe its just my browser? (IE 5 on MacOS9). I know its not overly fond of the php given the lag it takes sometimes to load the page.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Hi mom!
    My count was at 15 new threads and 350 posts (where these posts are I don't know).
    I think JP is also counting the posts in the linked UseNet-threads - maybe that's got something to do with it...