Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does our Government needo be so harsh?

Why does our Government need to be so harsh?

This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off.

http://www.linuxfreak.org/post.php/08/17/2001/134.html

Re:

Why should a person who merely states a flaw in the security of a particular site's server configuration? He did not deface, did not make any changes, and yet when he reports the problem, he is arrested and faces being accused as a felon... the FBI screwed up on this one...
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

That is such a flaming pile of ****. I can't believe it. It's so sad. Well, if you're going to learn anyhting from this class, what is it?

DON'T USE FRONTPAGE!!! (or any other M$ app for that matter)

Wow that sucks really bad. I hope he has a good lawyer.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

ten 2 one the story is skewed in some way, whether you read either side the story will be skewed

The company is probably the one wanting to press charges not the FBI. I'm betting that once a defending lawyer is on retainer, the company drops charges and attempts to nail theyre admin for improperly configuring the server. If that fails... well then m$ maybe??

The government is harsh because it needs to be... unfortunately sometimes an innocent finds himself "in the wrong place at the wrong time" and becomes an example. Such is life.

fortunately there are a lot of people out there like the electronic frontier foundation to help out when in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Turns out the guy did allot of other things to that server. Downloaded some password files, PERL scripts, etc.

He's not as innocent as that first story makes him out to be.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Turns out the guy did allot of other things to that server. Downloaded some password files, PERL scripts, etc.
    KorpDeath, whats your source? I'd like to read up on that.

It was a post, they are still investigating what exactly happened.
    First up. He hasn't been arrested or charged yet.

Here's one. http://www.politechbot.com/p-02430.html

I have to go back and find the other one I just closed the webpage as you posted your request so give me a little bit.
    Thanks
    - Samuel Johnson

Thanks man.

anytime.
    By the way I have the same problem about having to get my point across even if the intended student doesn't get it. DAMN THE TORPEDOS, FULL SPEED AHEAD!
    - Samuel Johnson

I think it is because of the twin tower bombings and that is why they have changed the our rights and that is why they are so strict!!
    Killar Boy