Thread: Good Shell accounts

Question Good Shell accounts

Hey i've been scouring the search engines for good free shell accounts. I've found alot but they weren't that good. Does anybody have a good place that they have their shell accounts at?
    Thanxs everybody,
    XPaCiScOoL

[glowpurple]\"Your Smallest Flaw is my greatest Strength.\" - Me[/glowpurple]

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    While I'm fairly sure not many ISPs even run on unix/linux and hand out shells anymore, you might check out http://www.freeshell.org .

Correction, a lot of ISPs use unix, maybe even linux (solaris seems to be pretty popular), but handing out shells is almost nonexistent. As it is, Roadrunner grilled me hard for my static IP.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Hehehe, and this is definitely to show you that IchNiSan has done his homework and Vorlin knows one place..."free shell" to me means I can choose whatever I want from the linux box I'm on...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

of course, as Vorlin said, the best shell account that you can possibly have is your very own linux machine.

machines which will run linux with enough performance and reliability are very often being given away by companies, or are being sold for cheap money on Ebay.

I really dont know of any reason why someone would want to deal with the restrictions generally placed on someone by a "free shell acount" at an ISP, when for cheap money you could have a great shell account, which you yourself administer.

Unless of course you want your shell account to try to hide your activities, in which case... good luck..

They all keep logs and monitor them on a regular basis.