Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer Related Injuries

true... true...

ok let's back to the topic , i have just cut my hand , nothing serius but i am kind collecting war scars here

i have to buy a new computer this one that i have its a deadly weapon ehhehehe

sharp edges every where
    Nobody Born The Best
    But Some Born To Be The Bests...

I used to get bit all the time by those computer cases.

It's been a while, because I'm lazy and I don't do the menial labor anymore

el

i am without money now

but my next computer will me THE MACHINE

i want to put fans , water cooling , do a white flame paint job , lights, thermometer for all processor and the case, switches for all ,heatsinks , any thing i have the right to put i will put

ohh and of course overcolck... for sure
    Nobody Born The Best
    But Some Born To Be The Bests...

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar

War Wounds

Well, I have had many different "war wounds" from open casses. Swaping cards and memory can be kinda dangerous. Then again, I used to work for comp USA, and my manager droped a 19" monitor on me from about 8 feet above me. I didn't get hurt to bad, and we are pretty sure that the monitor wasn't damaged.

I have also started developing carpul tunnel syndrom in both writsts and use a varitey of techniques to postpone the damage..ie wrist wrests, special gloves, etc.

There are now laws inacted by osha reguarding rss (repetative stress syndrome) and eye strain. Companies will probably be required to provide wrist wrests, glare filters, etc. to deter these common problems. It is also a recomendeation to take a 10 minutes break every 2 hours at a computer screen, and required some places.

hmm,

At work I there are about 6 users(out of 150 that we regularly support) which have carpal tunnel, or something similar. All of them have had to switch which hand they use their mouse with, as well as some other measures, like special wrist rests, mice, keyboards and chairs.

Personally, some days I think I have carpal tunnel, with some real pain in my wrists. But then it goes away.

Also, I did manage to cut my self enough that I left little trails of dripping blood around our server room a couple times.

And once, when I had one of the servers at the top of a rack pulled out to work on, I bumped my head on it while working on a lower one. It was pretty bad. I managed to knock myself off my feet that time.

Talking

Hey, this is not with a computer in all of the sense of the word, but my Xbox just fell on my cousins foot!!!, damn that green-black box is heavy!!! lmao!!!
    Todo lo que no me mata me hace mas fuerte...

Banned
    I like this thread but I aint got much stories to tell yet...!

I have hurt myself in fits of anger when I had Windows ME, you know little tantraums!

Luckily I no longer use ME and I now find life easier with less injuries.

Good thread!

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Had an incident in the server room where an op decided to use those tile-pullers up from the raised floor. One came up ok, and the other offered resistance (I'm at the keyboard) so he pulled harder and I barely had time to yell "Oh ****" as he ripped it up, falling back, and barely got out of the way before the HP K class came crashing down...dumbass didn't see the wheels. Amazing thing is, it kept going (thank God for those 12' scsi cables). He almost got fired though, hehe...
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

My related injuries are case bites, shock. Using computers I sometimes get a sore neck from being in front of the computer too long with out moving.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Senior since the 3 dot era

hurt

- scratched my hands several times while putting cards in a pc or working on cases.

- 'burned' a finger while touching a hot SCSI disk.

- cut my finger with an IBM network wall socket

- red eyes after 15 hours online -> I had to go to a doctor for it.

- I took 'a computer related cold' -> temperature difference between the mainframe computer room (19°C) and outside (35°C) was to high. -> ill next day