I didn't know where else to post this so i put it in the Misc. security discussions.. perhaps it should be in the General Chitchat form but ah well.. Here's a list of the hacker's hall of fame. taken from the fine folks at discovery.

Richard Stallman hacker of the old school, Stallman walked in off the street and got a job at MIT's Artificial Intelligence Lab in 1971

Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson The driving creative force behind Bell Labs' legendary computer science operating group, Ritchie and Thompson created UNIX in 1969.

John Draper Figured out how to make free phone calls using a plastic prize whistle he found in a cereal box.

Mark Abene Inspired thousands of teenagers around the country to "study" the internal workings of our nation's phone system.

Robert Morris This Cornell University graduate student accidentally unleashed an Internet worm in 1988.

Kevin Mitnick The first hacker to have his face immortalized on an FBI "Most Wanted" poster.

URL=http://tlc.discovery.com/convergence/hackers/bio/bio_07.html]Kevin Puolsen[/URL] In 1990 Poulsen took over all telephone lines going into Los Angeles area radio station KIIS-FM to win a call-in contest.

Johan Helsingius Operated the world's most popular anonymous remailer, called penet.fi, until he closed up shop in September 1996.

Vladimir Levin This mathematician allegedly masterminded the Russian hacker gang that tricked Citibank's computers into spitting out $10 million.

Steve Wozniak The co-founder of Apple Computer got his start making devices for phone phreaking.

Tsutomu Shimomura Shimomura outhacked and outsmarted Kevin Mitnick, the nation's most infamous cracker/phreaker, in early 1994.

Linus Torvalds Torvalds was a computer science student at the University of Helsinki when he wrote the operating system Linux in 1991.

[webcarnage]

*cough*Remote_Access_ *cough*

MsMittens

petemcevoy

Simon Templer

..And a few others I'll add latr

Remote_Access_