Thread: New imac released today

Thumbs up New imac released today

check this out, i couldn't believe what i was seeing when i went to apple.com today.........new imac released today!!

http://www.apple.com

mac OS X is the default OS on all new macs
    built in cd-rw/dvd-rw
    15 inch flat LCD

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Definitely not a bad solution for businesses or parents/kids who just need something to run on because it's more stable (OS X = linux kernel), firewire, etc etc....but it's definitely never going to be a hardcore gamer's choice. The proprietary design and hardware is where Apple shot themselves in both feet. Still good though...something I'd give to a son/daughter (if I had any) but nothing I'd pick.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Smile

I know - I was watching Steve Jobs keynote speech from MacWorld 2002 on Quicktime TV (does that make me a loser?)

It is very cool, it makes me want to buy one! Although my next machine has to be portable - so the G4 Titanium is the only way to go....
    They say the pen is mightier than the sword, the poet will never call the tyrant lord. But when the blade is raised, what will you do? When all you\'ve got is a pen and they\'re coming after you.
    Attila the Stockbroker

Antionline Herpetologist
    Sorry to nitpick, vorlin, but OS X does not have a linux kernel. It has a darwin kernel which is closer to BSD UNIX.

macs

If the price wasn't so outrageous and if it had better software support and if it were easyer to upgrade, or if it were better for gaming... I might buy a mac.

i still don't adapted to mac computers. but some said that it is better than windows. can you please people tell me what is in the mac computer. does their program cool than other os such as windows.
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Ah...thought it had the linux kernel, as that's what people have told me and I didn't go look...macs aren't my area of expertise dor already aforementioned reasons...and besides, bsd kernel and linux kernel (outside of obvious reasons) aren't that different in terms of stability.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Looks like a good choice for those people with a nice amount of money to put aside.. I can't tell that much about OSX and the new iMac since its a couple of years since I was working with Mac and OSX (server). OSX had then and probably still has some lack of features and security problems. With features I mean ported software from the BSD collection, it was quite easy to dl the source and port it to OSX though. In my opinion I would not choose Mac since its to expensive.. But there are several nice Linux distros available so a Mac user is not forced to use OSX as choice of OS.

But those of my friends who has a Mac will never change to another computer or OS, they prefer to talk about it as a religion called Macintosh :-).

I like it cause I have multiple monitors speakers and other stuff crowding my desk, the new Imac could fit nicely in a corner, and the screen sit to the side.
    Though I do have to agree, it is pricy as usual. and configuration options when buying don't allow you to get the super drive unless you get all the other hardware in it supped up.

There is one thing missing though, that would make it perfect. Touchscreen capability.
    This space for rent.