Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Battlebots

That design will be effective but take a lot of power to run. what are we talking for power source? It would be cheap I am guessing. Standard battery? If the bot were to have a spinning frame ring around it the frame would have to be fastened tight. If it weren't it would take a sledge hit and then fall off of the bot. Then its only defense would be a shell that dragged and shot sparks. Sounds kewl but one snag from a floor hazard and you can't move for a bit.
    \"And everyone knows, that the world is full of stupid people\"

this sounds cool!! I just wish other people would contribute good Ideas to help this along.

RedTheFed, can I be present at the construction?

The wedge design has been overused, but its still effetive. most wedges have the wheels go through the top and bottom, that way if it is flipped then nothing happens. The hammer idea sounds good, but if there were a way to combine the two...

I would like to be involved if at all possible, by the way, where is everyone located at?

Cykat: I have met Redthefed before and am due to meet again soon. If you could give me a location i could tell you if you are near enough to either of us for a meeting.

Post battlebots

i would like to help with the building of the antionline battlebot if you guys are serious. i have a gas engine i would donate, but it may be too big (12 hp briggs & stratton) i also have a weedeater motor, but it might be too little. i was thinking have the big motor power four solid rubber wheels and give power to two at a time to turn, or four at a time to go straight. and have the little motor power the hammers. also, about 1995 there was this recording device called "yak bak" i was thinking about putting one of those on there so it could say junk after you strike an opponent like "now what, bitch" and similar.
    It is impossible to have more fun than a well-oiled midget.

<sarcasm>
    Sorry, but that 12 hp. engine just won't do. I was hoping for five 6 cylinder diesel engines. I figured we'd put one per wheel, and one to make the body spin.
    </sarcasm>

That engine would be plenty, as long as it's not too heavy. Is it a lawnmower engine?

I have another idea for a battlebot that we could use that engine for, and it would be really simple to make. Just hook it up to spin about ten 20 lb. hammers from chains, at heights ranging from 3" to 2'. I figure they should be about 3' away from the engine itself. Once you get that going, there would be no stopping it. Of course, I don't think it would qualify as a bot. Sure, you wouldn't be able to play in the tournament, but maybe they would let you show it off in an exhibition match. That would be an awesome sight, if it worked (probably not). It would be like Mauler on steroids (minus all mobility).

well, it can be used for lawnmowers, generators, anything you need it for. i bought it to put on a go-kart, but never got around to it.
    It is impossible to have more fun than a well-oiled midget.

We haven't set blewprints yet. Any ideas are welcome if anyone can help.

akanicknick

nice

just wanted to give my verbal support and gratitude for publicizing AntiOnline all the more to the unexpecting world! AND GOOD LUCK

I just had a good idea for a weapon that doesn't involve the mauler design.

I know somebody who has some old circular dado blades, and I don't know if anybody has seen anything like them, but it's like a standard circular blade, only half the diameter, 10 times as thick, and has between 2 and 4 MONSTER blades, which are replaceable. Unlike a standard circular blade, which is designed to each tooth takes just a little shaving of wood, these blades are designed so each tooth whacks a hefty chunk of wood. That's the mistake those blade designs make. They use blades designed to shave through the surface, forgetting that there will only be a split second of actual contact. If a bot contacts one of these dado blades spinning fast enough, one of two things is going to happen. It's either going to bite a hole in the armor, or it's going to grab that bot and give it a hefty whack. I'm not offering these blades to anybody, seeing as they're not mine. It's just an idea to look into if somebody actually decides to try this (I doubt it).

I don't know why somebody would design a circular dado blade, as it seems to me that it would go against the principle of a dado. However, my knowledge of carpentry is extremely limited.

Man. I'm having GREAT fun with this thread!