Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M$ being sneaky bastages!!!!!!!!again!!!

M$ being sneaky bastages!!!!!!!!again!!!

See this article. how stupid is M$ for doing something like this . LOL!!!!

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t269-s2102244,00.html

Tell me what you think..
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Tell you what I think? Wellll ... I think that businesses in this country no longer have loyalty to their workers, but that's off-topic. However - this is *NOT* the first time that M$ has been accused of - and caught red-handed - doing stuff like this. Remember the old NT vs. Linux stuff? They tuned and tweaked and groomed NT for weeks getting it ready for each test (file serving, web-serving, and some other stuff) .. and used RH out of the box with no such tuning, optimizing, nor anything at all. The results? MS *just* squeaked by RH Linux - and then it came out that MS's test platform was groomed for each test for weeks before each test. <sigh>

Here's the short version of this story: ZDNet and MS are in bed together. Be it professionally, under-the-table, or otherwise, this is the case. Quite a few "tests" have proven this.

Oh, well.

~N~

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

no kidding. In bed together....NEVER!! NEVER I say! (was that too much sarcasm?)

It's funny how all you see inside one of those dumb ZD mags is M$ ads. And then guess what? The M$ product gets honorable mention or just outright wins one of their "showdowns"

Laughable. truly laughable.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Post Hahaha

Aaahhhh....Good 'ole Microsoft. Doing what it does best...barely sneaking by competition but saying: "None the less...we came out victorious" (not saying they said those exact words though).

/me chuckles...

Yeah...Bill gets a bit pissy when it comes to competition. I remember when he sent that letter to that old (first?) hacking group. Something called Home-Hacker-Organization (I forget the wording...but I *think* it's something near there). ...Back in the day... Whoa dude...

Bill's a bitch. No wonder I keep up with his software...yet then again I have Slackware....which isn't so bad after all.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

HEHE - that's funny stuff, but why doesn't it surprise me??
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. MS isn't one for fair competition at all and would/could/have done/will do anything it takes make sure they "win". Competition breeds better products, except when referencing MS, and everyone else is just striving to be better than the last revision of their software. MS has to steal, rip off, reverse-engineer, slander, cut down, compromise, and add in destructo-bombs in "patches" made for something else (failing netscape on 95 anyone after a "network" patch anyone?), and other mischievous and bullshit random acts of software-violence. MS is nothing more than a marketing company with a heavily-veiled "software" side. They definitely aren't providers of good software, and won't be, judging by the way of this latest vote issue.

But yeah, I remember back on NT vs Linux. I laughed and laughed and laughed at all the NT f3wl5 in our office when they announced that the boxes were rigged and such. Uptime wars still went on, and at one point in time, we remotely shut down IIS with perl after one of the viruses for IIS infected it. They didn't like that very much, but oh well...it's so much fun trashing NT admins and MS...I wouldn't know what to do with my time if I couldn't!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

-WebCarnage- Yeah...Bill gets a bit pissy when it comes to competition. I remember when he sent that letter to that old (first?) hacking group. Something called Home-Hacker-Organization (I forget the wording...but I *think* it's something near there). ...Back in the day... Whoa dude...
    Heh - that was on Discovery Chanel last night! It went something like, "Hey ... I made that software - that's for *money*!" Or something like that.

Post Hackers

Heh - that was on Discovery Chanel last night! It went something like, "Hey ... I made that software - that's for *money*!" Or something like that.
    You saw that too. . Yeah...it mainly focused on what hackers 'really' are (some director actually knew the difference between a 'hacker' and 'cracker' and wanted to do something about it). Yeah...for all of those who didn't see it - it included interviews from Capn' Crunch to Kevin Mitnick (and everybody inbetween). It was pretty sweet infact.

Cheers to all who saw it.

[P.S. - That includes you too Nietzsche ;p]
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Microsoft sneaky? no...cant be...why should they have to resort to such pettyness ?.

For one thing thier software is at best a 4 on that 1-10 scale.They (M$) know that their software is lousy and thats why they resort to underhanded scheams.
    If you went to buy a car and the manager told you that the car looked like it was in good shape but not to worry that they would send you the fixes as the car broke down,one fix at a time.Would you buy another car at that place ?.They have laws against such things its called "lemon laws".Microsoft does that same exact thing everytime they release something,they make promises and later when some user or company gets hacked into they (M$) release a patch.over and over again but people still seem to flock to buy thier products.Now they want to get rid of "full-disclosure"so this way the public at large wont be able to hear about M$ lousy codeing practices.Bottom line is that Bill gates and co. dont care about the consumer,he only cares about $$$$$.
    until people stop useing his bullshit software and demanding M$ to be held accountable for its poor software,nothing will change.There should be a lemon law against companys like M$.People that complain about M$ but still spend there hard earned money buying their half-ass products shouldn't complain,you get what you pay for.If you really want to complain dont use Microsoft,get smart and use *nix.

Crimina1

I'm not surprised at all. How else would a monopolistic company that makes horrible software compete? I won't say that everything Microsoft makes sucks, but it's pretty damn close. If the general consumer knew about all the bugs, holes, and vulnerabilities in Windows, they'd have Gates' head. Sure, it's user-friendly, but is it worth it? My personal opinion is 'no'. Once I got off Windows and onto Linux, all my bug-related problems seemed to vanish before my very eyes.

VIVA PENGUIN! VIVA DEVIL!
    LONG LIVE OPEN-SOURCE!!!