Thread: i got shell account ... so ?

Question i got shell account ... so ?

what is the benifit if i had one shell account and how to use telnet more effeciencely .. ?

p/s - i had read many security articles and failed to get use of it
    [ fight the future before it\'s too late .. ]

Talking Sell

There aren't alot of benifits unless you pay a fee.. Most require it now but there used to be FREE unrestricted shells that host would provide.. But too many problems occured and now it's hard to find a free shell provider with no restrictions. I would reccomend going to google and searching for information on shells and unix. Here's a site with some basic UNIX commands. Here's also a good place to start.

Hope this helps,

Remote_Access_

thanx man ...

latelty i'd been work on my shell account at cyberspace.org
    [ is it good ? ] ..

Zaparchy ...

how to use telnet more effeciencely .. ?
    Define 'effeciencely' [sic]. I'm not certain what you're getting at here.

Talking errr

i just a newbie to telnet .. many articles about security holes were mentioning telnet was some of the tool to ...... you know isn't it ?

but i don't like to do that, it is illegal .. i just want to know more about excitement of 'sneaking' around, helping someone ...

when my age was 10 .. my ambition is to be a serious hacker [wacthing too much movies] .. then since i was quite familiar with the computer and internet .. i realize that doing something bad to someone instead of hacking, phreaking was just a waste of time.

i had experience running my school website in one server with provide by the school administrator .. sometime i got many mail that claiming that they want to shut the server down.

i had no money to buy books about computer related stuff but lately after passing my biggest exam .. my father bought me a visual basis,c++,c book [oh my god] ..

someone ... please guide me