Thread: problem...regarding the mouse..pls help

Question problem...regarding the mouse..pls help

hello friends...
    i need your help... i am using win98 and mine is 500Mhz celeron PC. now the problem i am facing is my mouse pointer flickers all the time. i tried to change many desktop themes but in every theme the same thing happens.
    this actually is not affecting any of my computer operations but just it goes twinkle twinkle.

i don't know why it is happening....pls help...
    thank u

intruder...

Try this...

Try going to START/ SETTINGS / CONTROL PANEL/ MOUSE
    Choose the POINTER tab at the top, clik BROWSE, then double clik on a new pointer. Clik APPLY, then OK
    Hope that helps.
    You can\'t squeeze cheese from a goat before it\'s hatched.............

Mouse problem

We had a similar problem and it drove us nuts........until I decided to update the video driver (just in case). My thought process led me to believe the mouse cursor is a graphical app. Our problem was solved immediately. (cant hurt to try it)

yeah

It's sounds like the vid driver.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

i agree with KorpDeath.

uninstall you vid driver and re-install it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

thank very much for the help but where can i find the vid driver and how to uninstall it.
    again if i uninstall it then from where will i reinstall it...

pls help...

intruder...

Video drivers

Firstly you need to find out what sort of video card (or onboard chip) you have.
    You should get the correct info from Start->Settings->Control Panel. Choose System & then Device Manager. Click on the '+' next to Display adapters and that should tell you the type of video card.

To download a new driver you need to go to the site of the guys who produced the video card/chip, and download their latest driver. They should have a help file to tell you how to instal the updated driver (varies a bit depending on who it is).

Don't know what else you have installed recently, but if you play games on your PC, most current games require & will instal DirextX 8.0a, which in turn will require an up to date video driver for everything to work correctly.

btw removing your video driver is very easy - just click on Remove when you are in Device Manager/Display adapters. I have never known this to cause a problem, because when you restart your system PnP will detect 'new hardware' and reinstall the original driver. And given the strange way that most Windows systems work, just doing this can sometimes cure this type of problem

You know i had a similiar problem and i found i f you have a bad driver or a bad graphics card you gonna have to drop graphic accelration there is a tab in win98 where you do this and all shoud be well after that.
    Hope this helps ...