Thread: a spammer´s defence

a spammer´s defence

PEOPLE, you gotta read this mail exchange. I almost hope that he sue´s those people, he´s gonna get it Pulp Fiction gimp style!

Here´s the incredible "dialogue"
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

Yeah. What a loser.

This was /.'ed on the 9th. I've already pledged $50 to all involved; they seem like really decent people, talking with them. I'm in the SouthWest US, so I'll likely not see Bernie. But if I do ... <grin> ... I don't think I'll extend a job offer to him.

PS: Neil says that spamcon.org needs the money more than the people in question ... if anyone wants to donate, he says that this is the place to do it ("Please make a donation, instead, to the spamcon.org - they need the money far more than I do.
    Thanks!" - from Neil Schwartzman)

Anyway .... what an idiot. Poorly handled, poorly contained, poorly instigated. Oh, well ... guess Bernie will get what he deserves, either way.

~N~

Oh look, the story made it into slashdot.org too. Hehe, poe lil fella. Time to change sex and move to a non english speaking country
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

Originally posted by Pooh-Bear
    Oh look, the story made it into slashdot.org too.
    Not only did it make slashdot, but it also made TheRegister, Good Morning SiliconValley and TechDirt...

rofl

Ummm ... yeah, slashdot'ed (/.'ed) on the 9th.

Poor bastard. Wait ... nah.

Good post, good post indeed - that was hilarious, really. Who does this Bernard think he is, anyway? I mean, how much of a freakin' moron does someone have to be to make worthless threats, then keep on and on with it? Pure stupidity, I guess. Anyway, the article was enough for a good laugh to get me going this morning.
    - Maverick

Real nice monday reading isn´t it

Update: Poor fellow this Bernad Shifman, after making it into washington post´s newsbytes.com there can´t realy be anymore place to go or is there?

Oh look, at the page there´s a link to this thread

*Oh look, I can see my own but*
    -Green in "Road Trip"
    (well something like that anyways)

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    It's not that big of a question as to why this Bernard guy is a contractor. I wouldn't want to hire him either if I got 12,000 pieces of spam mail. Then again, I wouldn't have, because you too can be a procmail god with rules and filters. 12,000 items of mail becomes 3 relevant really quick, hehe...

Spammers deserve to die. Horribly. In bad bad ways, such as printing out all their mail, shoving it (with the spammer) into a big steel bin, dousing the two with gasoline and burning it.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.