Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why'd they make it sooo ugly?

Why'd they make it sooo ugly?

Has everyone seen the latest in line of IMAC afterbirth. Who the hell comes up with these ugly ass designs. Here's a link to see it.

http://www.apple.com/imac/

Let the MAC bashing commence. j/k

have you heard that Apple has hired a bunch of open source developers to help out with the "new" OS.

Have they have given up on being the elitist pigs we've come to put up with or is this just a way for M$ to bury them once and for all?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

haha....looks like the spaceships from "war of the worlds"

Look out!!!

Look out for the death ray that shoots out of the screen!!! LOL
    Yeah.
    Good observation.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

me thinks jobs' turtleneck's been too tight for too long...

and these things are really gonna look funny when they have to duct tape a crt on em because of this....

Companies planning to purchase LCD flat-panel displays in volume this year could face sudden price increases or a lack of product availability due to an impending LCD display shortage.
    www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,79124,00.asp

OPEC?

Sounds like the motherglass manufacturers are learning something from our friends at OPEC..

Screw them, I'll stick with my side by side 21 CRT monitors...
    - Samuel Johnson

OPEC??? - Organization of Profit Enhancing Companies?

I, for one, think this is an elegent solution to the design issues of a single piece unit.

Your just jealous that you can't get one that looks as nice....hahahahahah.
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

Angry

I've had more attractive bowel movements...jcmcb

Aesthetics ARE important!! Damnit!
    - Samuel Johnson

The only redeeming feature is the classy "new iMac" text next to that hideous picture.

Can't have everything I guess....
    Call transopt: received. 9-18-99 14:32:21 REC: Log>
    WARNING: carrier anomaly
    Trace program: running

Re: Why'd they make it sooo ugly?

Originally posted by KorpDeath

Let the MAC bashing commence.

Actually, I get my first MAC tomorrow. A friend of a friend rang me and said "do you wanna MAC?" and of course I said yes so it's being dropped off sometime tomorrow.

I'm a little excited about it. I'm bored with Windoze (here's a quote I found rather amusing concerning Windoze ME- "Your mouse has moved. Windows needs to reboot for the changes to take affect. Would you like to reboot now?"), I'm slowly getting the hang of Red Hat and now I'm gonna give MAC a try. Variety is the spice of life!