Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Whats your level of education?

Talking Whats your level of education?

what is the need for such unneeded articles to consume valuable time.. it doesn't matter whether U are a student in school or a full fledged programmer, sys admin
    so leave it

Thumbs up

Hello all: Stflook you got it, man. Many of us are rejected in H.S. In my younger days I just joined the soccer team, in the 70's soccer players where considered freaks, we all had long hair and where part of the other crowd. But ya know what we could run circles around the football crowd.
    Back to the subject at hand. H.S dropout with a GED. Some college ( a mix of classes ) mostly self taught though. Books and more books and now the WWW, antionline, sysop, ect.... I usually read till my eyes bleed, as some of the seniors here say.
    Well you all have a great day. JIFFYPROGASM
    KNOWLEDGE IS OF TWO KINDS: We know a subject ourselves or we know where to find information upon it. SAMUEL JOHNSON

Im a senior in HS. I dont get screwed with, though I used to, Now everyone just kinda leaves me alone. HS is an excercise in futility.

Graduating this year, then going to CSCC to get my general Education classes out of the way. Then thinking of going to Case Western for Programming or systems administration, not sure yet.

what is the need for such unneeded articles to consume valuable time.. it doesn't matter whether U are a student in school or a full fledged programmer, sys admin
    so leave it - anuapsap
    Ok, this has been covered before. . . .

#1 This is General ChitChat. . . .

#2 That was your 1st freaking post? THAT was a waste of time and space. If all you are going to do is complain, please dont bother posting any more.

#3 Dont take this the wrong way. Consider is constructive criticism.

-Rogue
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Talking Education

Well, I am an old FART!!!

When I went to school there was no such thing as
    computers or computer science.....
    Just Data Processing....
    I find that most College Grads with a Computer Science usually know
    less than I do and that knowelege is only good for about 3 years!!!

If you are real nosy!!!
    www.bagpipes.net/cable

That link has my Resume
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle

I am a high school grad. Hated every second of it, but pulled through.

I decided to take some time off before college, get a full time job (doing web development for about 4 years now), and study for some certifications. A couple months ago I completed the CIW Site Designer track, and am now a certified Master CIW Designer (www.ciwcertified.com).

Currently working on setting up a web development company with a friend of mine. If it actually rolls, I'll go to college part time and get a degree in business. If the company doesn't roll, I'll go to college full time for computer science. All depends how this business goes.

So that's me.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

nothin special

Rolled out of high scholl with honors 3.85 cumulative GPA. I spent that last year screwing around or I would've had a 4.0 ( no biggy).
    Some college, got bored with the know-nothing, apathetic professors that were more concerned that everyone buy their stupid books (that, of course were mandatory for the class and cost about 200 bones)

Started in 'puters when I was young, just a hobby, became my life's work(so far).

That's it.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Nietzsche ... revisited...

Ass-rapage. Federal "pound me in the ass" kind of school. Maybe 22 units (all 400 lvl courses, except for my 635 course) was a bit much. And it's Tuesday. And I'm reading. Books .. that came to over $400. <sigh>

Engineering books were expensive, but unfortunately, so are psychology books if you go high enough in courses. :/

Thanks for everyone who chipped in a couple of posts for me; I'll try to keep up in here, but likely my posts will be *really* sporadic from now until spring break or so.

But, then, after this - I'm done with my undergraduate shtuff.

~N~

As a new person to this community, am here for some meaningful information and excuse me if i made a mistake,

then am a student, mostly worked in Vb and not much experience. so if it hurts somebody pardon me.

Originally posted by anuapsap
    As a new person to this community, am here for some meaningful information and excuse me if i made a mistake,

I agree with you, anuapsap. I may be just a new member here but I've lurked for quite some time. For four months to be exact! A while back there where alot of threads like "what is the best" or "who is the best".....

It's better if you just keep quiet about some of those "not so security related" threads...Since the antipoint system came in it doesn't pay to have a differing opinion to the majority....
    \"It\'s not wise to argue with a fool...people might not be able to tell the difference!\"