Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your level of education?

Unlike STFLook, I don't look upon highschool as a living hell. The cheerleaders did not hate my gutz. And I helped others. Currently I am a sophmore getting my associates in Computer Science, will transfer next Winter to get my bachelours and I am dating the cute little hottie known as Tania.

Http://www.bigknight.com
    Just click on Photos,

Yes my website is frontpage and sucks, no i did not leave anonymolus editting on.
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

I am currently a freshman in College and am just working on computer science and automotive tech. I dont have a certain course of study as of yet but i plan on going for a degree in computer repair and programming.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking

Let's see...

I have a Bacherlor of Arts (Political Science -- oooh. that got me far)
    Post-Diploma Diploma in Research (another one that got me far)
    Diploma in Network and System Administration. (that got me instructor status eventually).

A lot of my computer knowledge is self-taught and self-broken (I have fried a few too many machines when trying the "let's see what this does.. oh look. blue flames! COOL!").

If I can get perm at my present location I will probably try for a Bachelor of Applied Comp Sci at one of the local universities.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I'm ... well ... I guess I'm in about my 6th year of college overall. Started out by doing medicine & taking the MCAT. Decided that medicine isn't what I wanted to do - you can only take so much of the "if I **** my buddy, I'll get a better grade on the exam" mentality. While I was doing that, I was actually a triple-major (Medicine, Computer Science, Philosophy). At this university, I came in to the merged CS / Engineering degree (which sucks), stayed in it for 2 1/2 years, and am now going to complete an extended BS in Psychology in a semester, then onto an MBA with an emphasis in MIS.

And if I have some time, I'll throw in my Philosophy degree ... of course, that means 18 unit semesters for the next year and a half ... but that's okay (I'm at 22 units for this semester).

Overall, though? School sucks. I have work experience and certifications, and am just here to get the paper.

~N~

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    stflook, I couldn't have put it any better...

Pretty much the same thing, self-taught now for 14 years of computer knowledge, with my main expertise in unix systems administration. Now it's funny to see my "friends" in HS or people that otherwise do the bully-gotta-look-good-and-have-a-social-status-to-mean-something thing always need help now because they know they have no knowledge at all. I've had a few say "Well damn, you don't have to be so condescending about it" (usually when I say, "Windows? How easy is that?") to which I say "Well, go to Best Buy and they'll charge 85 bucks for what you'd have done in 5 minutes for otherwise free, now kiss off".

Amazing..computers is one area where image is nothing. Too bad they don't understand that concept.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    I have a Bacherlor of Arts (in Philosophy with minor in science)
    I'am in my last year for a Master in Philosophy

Computer knowledge: auto-didact, and I work for a ICT company during vacations (tech support for networks and pc"s).

Well, in High School I did 2U and 3U Computer Studies.. (most likely, only Australians will understand that part)....

After that, I went on to complete a Diploma in Network Engineering...

Yet amazingly, I'm still a dumbass.... oh well....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Ninja Code Monkey
    Highschool diploma and about 1 year of college towards a business degree.

All computer related stuff is basically self taught (I have taken one class in SQL 7 Administration....woohoo). Currently I'm working towards mcsd, inet+, net+ and ciw security certification. I'm also getting things set up for work to send me to school for a bachelors in computer sci.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Yeah, well, I'm a sophomore in high school... so I don't have any college degrees

Thinking bout going to Georgia Tech for a major in Aeronautical Engineering, for anyone who might be interested.

--PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

I am in my second year at a company where my main focus is network security/intrusion detection, however I hold no degree nor have I enrolled in any post-secondary education concerning the subject. I was a Florida licensed EMT until my license ran out a year ago. Most of what I know is learned out of necessity or from courses provided to me at no cost by my employer. I plan to get my BS in Computer Science sometime.........and I also plan to focus on the security side of the house; more action there.

The Eeshman