Thread: May I Have Some Assistance With Greek Fonts, Please?

Question May I Have Some Assistance With Greek Fonts, Please?

I am a most proactive enthusiast of Latin and Greek, and being so, I devour all I can in these archaic languages. I am having great difficulty in installing Greek fonts on my Windows ME OS in order to read downloaded Ancient Greek text. My computer is an antiquated Compaq Deskpro 6300, 300 Mhz. I would greatly appreciate any help in installing Greek fonts and their accompanying diacritical marks. Many thanks!

Hi mom!
    Maybe I'm breaking trought an open door here, but doesn't Microsoft Update have all kinds of exotic font-support?

Unhappy Been There, Done That, Saw It, Bought the T-shirt...

Thanks, GUUS, but the MS update site was of no help... seriously! I don't want to have to re-install my Win ME OS just for Greek fonts...

Hi mom!
    Are you saying that the microsoft update site told you to REINSTALL your OS to install support for Greek fonts?!?

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Guus, that wouldn't surprise me in the least. In the unix "toolbox" there are all kinds of tools usable for everyday work. These include, but are not limited to, awk, sed, grep, perl, sh, ftp, rcp, telnet, rdist, rsync, ssh, lynx, od, and a great many others. In the windows "toolbox" there are two tools usable for everyday work. They are "reboot" and "reinstall".
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Hi mom!

Angry Installation of Greek Fonts: An Update

Brethren In All That is Coded! Greetings!

I appreciate the input given by my senior colleagues Vorlin and Guus. It is with great sadness and annoyance (!) that I have finally installed Greek fonts on my computer, but at a price! In order to enjoy my classical pursuits in all that is Roman and Hellenic, I had had to totally begin from ground zero with the hard drive: I had had to re-format, re-install the Win ME OS, and re-install my appz!! Ye gods!! What a pain! All I can say now is that I hope I do not sign up for a course in ancient Aramaic, because I think I may have to re-install the Microsoft OS in order to get the Hebrew fonts working!!! Such a pain! Makes me think of doing something very, very Greek to Billy Gates!!!

Hi mom!
    ghe... weird... I've installed some eastern fonts a while ago (just to make those japanese pages look better, eventhough I don't understand one bit of them ) - but that NEVER required reinstalling the complete OS...

Thumbs down RE Installation of Greek Fonts: A Post Update

My dear Guus:

It would appear anything to do with the Microsoft OS is WEIRD!!