Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buggy xp?

buggy xp?

have you heard in techtv (http://www.techtv.com) that microsoft admits that windows xp is little bit buggy? (duh, why they call it little bit?!).

do you agree, that xp now is little buggy. btw, it's the beta version i am babling about, i have never heard the release of the final version yet. to the fact it's beta, how come the linux kernel beta version works fine, get the point?
    \"The more you ignore me... the closer i get!\"

Microsoft has said that wireless networking is supposed to be great within xp but...um thats another lie,trying to get some wi-fi cards to work is a bitch

Don't even go to wireless networking! Just trying to network 2 computers so they can internet share is a bitch. The damn wizards **** everything up!

script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Microsoft doesn't believe in making something good. They only believe in marketing the crap out of a hyped up "end-all-be-all" product in order to sell/bundle 10 million of them to keep all those who *aren't* computer-literate under their belt. The rest of the time, they're stealing ideas, buying out companies who make a better product and then squashing it (or putting it in their own stuff with their mucked up "code"), or slandering products they can't buy out (like the "unamerican" comment about open source). Add in the fact that they hire these VB "programmers" right out of college and pay them 25 grand a year to bang on "code" all day (salary might be off but you get the picture), and that doesn't make for a very good stable product. I'm all for people learning new stuff but I'm NOT for someone just pushing something out the door without testing it thoroughly to make sure most, if not all, bugs are taken care of. This UPNP "flaw" is a HUGE example of this. *shakes head* And what makes it worse is the fact that they'll still be on top, because they sell to millions of idiots out there who don't know better and don't care...

Opensource and linux forever!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Buggy indeed. I installed XP on my families machine about 2 months ago, and already I have received calls from them about weird "bugs." The alst one was the worst of all. I went to boot the machine and instead all I found was a blue screen saying [unbootable mount]. The entire NTFS C:\ partition vanished. No matter what i tried I could not get to the data in that partition. And apparently I am not alone with this "bug." I found many many cases of this occuring for users posted on the Net and only one suggestion that may solve it. But of course I found it after I had already reinstalled and lost the data in partition. At least D:\ was intact.

Post Re: buggy xp?

Originally posted by protocool
    have you heard in techtv (http://www.techtv.com) that microsoft admits that windows xp is little bit buggy? (duh, why they call it little bit?!).

do you agree, that xp now is little buggy. btw, it's the beta version i am babling about, i have never heard the release of the final version yet. to the fact it's beta, how come the linux kernel beta version works fine, get the point?

XP and any other software that first comes out will be buggy if
    you ask me. All companies or program managers will say their
    software is the BEST and works. But as someone else said, this
    is towards the BETA version.

There's still updates at the microsoft web site to fix any known bugs and security glitches. ( err.. for now..hehehee..we know there will ALWAYS be bugs)

but as fro XP ...hmmm.. I like 98 S.E better than any of windows system products...Dunno why but i just don't have any problems while using 98.

( should we mention the BIG BUG---> Windows ME)

Corynthus
    Corynthus

Angry

Don't even go to wireless networking! Just trying to network 2 computers so they can internet share is a bitch. The damn wizards **** everything up!
    Damn straight!!! I got WinXP and have set up a network to share an Internet connection and everytime I am using the Internet to surf on the client PC it asks if I want to connect every 10 seconds!! After I click connect, it works fine - but this happens every 10 seconds - yes, it gets annoying! I've re-networked, ran the wizard again, tried everything, it always happens.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

maybe install the latest updates on winxp and people just confess winxp is the best windows out there (don't compare it with linux allrighty?)

greets

adon
    hip hop rules

Cool

Yes, XP is a more than a bit buggy. Though Microsoft admits it, they are still attempting to make crashes and incompatibility an industry standard. There were 8 patches out before it was even released! Ever tried to multiboot with XP? It doesnt like to cooperate with any multiboot but its own, which is feeble and limited to Microsoft's OS's. At least for me. My dream is to engineer the downfall of Microsoft.

lol

stupid **** let's take micro$oft down
    hip hop rules