Thread: how about two pools of antipoints?

how about two pools of antipoints?

Instead of one pool of antipoints for each (l)user whereby the level goes up and down, have two pools of antipoints. The negative pool where the tally always goes up and the positive where the tally goes up. That way you could get a better idea of what that person is doing.

Anyway it's just an idea.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    That's actually not a bad idea...dunno what others think, but there's gotta be a better way instead of the usual "hehe, I get to put negative points and not sign ****, haha, sux0rs to be u" crap...I've always given a reason for my negative postings and usually there has to be a good reason for me to do so.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

I think its worth a try.. I kind of like the idea .

Old wise man said: "May you lose everything, so that no enemy can cast an evil eye upon you."

Well, while we're on the AP reform bandwagon:

Nice idea. But also, what about only being able to see a user's AP rating from their profile? That would cut down the judge-a-book-by-it's-cover happenings... I dunno, opinions?

Maybe (if you want to get elaborate) showing the percentage of positive/negative APs a user has assigned as well, as a portion of their total 'spendable-per-day' antipoints, so you can see whether they are a builder-upper or a taker-downer, and whether they seem to obsessively assign antipoints in either category...

It would certainly highlight the 'I'm gonna give them ALL negative antipoints and only those!"-mentalities.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

right on!

What a way to expand it, Terr. I like those ideas too.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Trek..

As you may or may not recall from babylon five season 4 episode 6 exactly 17.3 minutes into the show when they confront the gorgalar. The master gogalar says "OoghsMaS LaShBoah Slaybeen" When translates into human mundane english as "Do not change when in success, for success can become limited and your soul become empty." So in phrase we learn.. do not change antionline when it is already successful.. Oh ya i was just kiddin bout the startrek thing.. im not a trekky.. im into STARGATE!! Curse them GouhLS! AAAHH!!!

<Spider senses tingling>
    mm.. need coffeebean water, served hot..
    no coffeebean water in sight..

must get hourly dosage of earthly poison!
    ahh hah! i found it!
    A 12 oz alluminum can full of carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, caramel color, PhOsPhOrIc AcId, natural flavors, and caffeine. also known to mundanes as coca cola.. mmmm...

ok im officially WiReD.. in both senses the wired magazine sense.. and the uncontrollable shaking hands sense... gawd its great!
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

Don't know if this got looked at but I would appreciate some type of feedback for this...??
    anybody there?
    - Samuel Johnson

Not a bad idea, but JP needs to decide if he wants to change it or not, so see if he gives a response to this thread.

Banned
    Greetings:

Great idea KorpDeath. Under each user's name, you'll now see the % of positive and negative AntiPoints that they've given out.

Thanks for the suggestion!