Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cisco going out of business!

Exclamation Cisco going out of business!

I heard a rumor in my business class that cisco networking was in a down word spiral, or GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SOON. Has anyone heard the same rumor or the opposite i'm in Tampa Florida

Hadn't heard anything about that one...
    - Maverick

An absolute rumor with no basis @ all whatsoever. Cisco rulz.

OverandOut.
    comJo

Are you sure it wasn't Crisco? Somehow I just can't see Cisco going out of business in the near future.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Totally a rumor. My father is one of the many supervisors at Cisco Sys. There shares may not be escallating rapdily, but there in the game for good!!

I work for a very large telecom/network gear manufacturer adn those rumors are total BS. Being that Cisco is a major competitor to my company, I would've heard about this before anyone else. So, No, the answer is No. Sorry. That would be too lucky for us.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Talking Cisco? Hmmm....

And I remember saying the very same things about Cabletron being top dog just before it nose dived...hmmm...Cisco? Take note: you never know...

Cabletron was a flaming pile of sh%#. Cisco is not.

Cabletron stopped being competative. Cisco is still on top (but not for long.)hehehe.

Cisco has more money than they know what tod do with, Cabeltron mis-managed everything.

Big differences.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Cisco

... they build great products, strong solutions (IOS and PIX), have a great certification track ... but they seem to be losing out to Juniper Networks on the backbone stuff. WHY?? To clarify - when I say "losing out", I mean "losing market share"; they're still (as far as I know) #1 in backbone routers.

~N~

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    As far as I know, Cisco, Bay Networks, and others that're in the top 4 category aren't going anywhere soon. I'm guessing market share is down just because of the economy as well as competitive products from rival companies. Better competition breeds better products (mostly). Customers have a wide variety when it comes to networking utilities whereas MS doesn't allow much onto the market for the desktop side. (example)
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.