View Poll Results: Is AOL going out of buisness ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • How could you say such a thing !?!?!

2 14.29%
  • They better be

1 7.14%
  • I wish they would... But probably not

6 42.86%
  • I dont care... I dont use AOL

5 35.71%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Walker-traitor

John Walker-traitor

So now they decide that this (explicative) deserves to get life in prison so the country that he was fighting against can foot the bill for him to live in a country club prison for the rest of his life.

Sounds like American justice to me. What do you think?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Hi mom!
    I think you've to re-read the entry for 'justice' in your dictionary.

So you "attempt" to kill Americans and side with known terrorist organizations whom are known to have kill many, many Americans. Then in turn those Americans put you in a hotel for the rest of your life?

I realize your not pro death penalty but your also not feeling the disgust that many many AMERICANS are feeling.

So, what do I need to re-read?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Hi mom!
    the text-book definition of 'justice'

Main Entry: jusĀ·tice
    Pronunciation: 'j&s-t&s
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English & Old French; Old English justice, from Old French justice, from Latin justitia, from justus
    Date: 12th century
    1 a : the maintenance or administration of what is just especially by the impartial adjustment of conflicting claims or the assignment of merited rewards or punishments b : JUDGE c : the administration of law; especially : the establishment or determination of rights according to the rules of law or equity
    2 a : the quality of being just, impartial, or fair b (1) : the principle or ideal of just dealing or right action (2) : conformity to this principle or ideal : RIGHTEOUSNESS c : the quality of conforming to law
    3 : conformity to truth, fact, or reason : CORRECTNESS

I don't think it's fair,or just, to the other millions of Americans that this guy live. Better?

Now what exactly is your point?
    - Samuel Johnson

I voted to leave him in the desert. I considered shoot him -but that involves putting him in prison for 12 + years (don't want my taxes paying for that). If they leave him in the desert it should be the middle of the desert with no towns/villages less then 3 days walk away -with no supplies (food/water/sun block).

Cheers,
    -D

I watched the whole thing happen live on CNN I feel no need for mercy

Hi mom!
    My point is this: The first image shooting through my mind when reading your post was a scene out of some old western, where someone is lynched by a mob. Your country has a justice-sytem - let that do its job.

As for John Walker - he is a man that has his believes. He fought for his believes. He most likely had nothing to do with any terrorist attack, and he was fighting on Afghan soil - in a way, he was defending his believes.

Now, I certainly don't agree with his believes, and I don't think he should go unpunished either - but not every German soldier was shot after WWII. He was just a footman, nationality didn't have anything to do with it.

I don't think he should be considered an American to begin with, so your comment about our justice system is a bit off.

He should not have the same rights as say our military men and yet our gov't is treating him as such. I think it is wrong. He is, by all accounts, a traitor and as such should be treated as such. Firing squad. End of story.

P.S. Maybe we should set him up in the Netherlands, you don't seem to mind his actions?
    - Samuel Johnson

Hi mom!
    I do mind his actions, I just don't mind them more than any other low-ranking Taliban-fighter.

And tell me how someone who is not to be considered an American could be a traitor anyway?

Okay but how many low-ranking Taliban were American? He is American, is that so hard to understand?

Here, if you need to be spoon-fed then I'll do it.

An American goes to a foreign country and engages in trying to harm American nationals, namely the American military. He knowingly engaged in these activities alongside known terrorists and was proud of it and since he has not been captured, technically he is still an American. He is then captured. At that point he should give up his rights as a American citizen and is therefore not able to have the same rights as someone who is. Understand. If you need to more clarification, go look up the definition. (sound familar?)

I'm so sick of you bleeding hearts.
    - Samuel Johnson