Thread: Panda

Panda

Any one know anything about this product it has a big Panda Bear on Cover and Looks like a Borg from start Treck - can any one recommend or trash talk it?

I belive it has only just got into the European Market and am curious about software and features.

Why should i get this product when there is so many?
    any 1 help me on this please ?
    Can Recommend a Great Book - Steal This Computer Book 2 comes with CD ROM Full with all sorts of great protection and stuff - by Wallace Wang more info at: www.nostarch.com

I'm guessing your asking about this Panda Anti-Virus Software
    I haven't used it and can't say I've ever heard of it (till now)
    Anybody else seen or used it?

PHP/PostgreSQL guy

Thumbs up

I use panda at the house on both windows machines. It's faster than NAV, and a whole hell of a lot more resource-friendly. It's updated nightly with a virus list so having the latest definitions is never a problem. I'd recommend it!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

From the Thread Antivirus

Micael wrote:
    Currently I'm using Total Virus Defence but I'm planning to change to Panda Antivirus since TVD is built on McAfee scan and it takes big amount of resources from the system.

Panda Antivirus have had a lots of bugs earlier but they have now rebuild the whole engine and it seems stable. A big plus for Panda Software are their support and disinfection tools. It's a dll scanner and it's faster and takes less resources then McAfee.

i,ll recommend Panda great product i,ve used it before i got Norton. For me i prefer NAV but i still would recommend Panda. They also have a free online scan if you don't have an AV you can go there and they can scan your system.

ANTI-HACKERS

Hello Jabaaaask!

Good day to you! If you are talking about the Panda Antivirus software, well, I am currently using it in the office. So far the product is great

Btw, you might like to check the following links to know more:

www.pandasecurity.com/platinuminfo.htm
    www.pandasecurity.com/
    www.pandasoftware.com/

On product review:

1) http://www.zdnet.com/products/storie...531526,00.html
    2) http://antivirus.about.com/library/r.../aatpavwin.htm
    3) http://antivirus.about.com/library/r...aafprpanda.htm

A blessed day to all!!!

"I expect to pass through this life but once. Therefore, if there be any kindess I can show, or any good thing I can do for another human being, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."....William Penn

Panda Software gets even better?

VIRUS CENTER
    Panda Software and the Windows & .NET Magazine Network have teamed to bring you the Center for Virus Control. Visit the site often to remain informed about the latest threats to your system security.
    Source: Secadministrator / Panda Software
    I do like their services and I have currently nothing bad to say about their products.

Thumbs up

I have used PAV Platnium. It's a very nice program. It won't use up a lot of your resources. I still lean towards Kapersky AVP though. It takes the least resources out of any that I have tried. Panda is a pain to update at times. But I still like it better than Nortons or McAfee.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Thumbs up Panda's a ten

I had used Norton for ten years when Norton2000 crashed my OS on a "Live Update" twice, so it got assigned to detect and catch dust on the obsolete shelf. I went looking, and found Panda. I downloaded the "try-it" version, and then bought the Platinum version on CD that week instead of the slightly less expensive download. In the meanwhile, they gave me a link to download the whole program until the CD arrived! It loads flawlessly and sets up without any problem. You can set it to update both the signature file and program tweaks every day, or when you tell it to, or anytime in between. It takes very few resources and it does a fine job. You can set it to automatically send notice to anyone who sends you a virus, and the first 20 people that was on any CC or TO address lists from the offending sender. Their Tech division answers your questions even, and that's something their competition NEVER did! In my book, Panda is boss!