Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trace the hacker.......help

Question trace the hacker.......help

hi guys
    Is anyone interested in explaining the process of trasing ip of some person while surfing a 3rd party server such as yahoo or msn messenger.plz don't bore by advising me the netstat command while transfering some file, i m dead tired of using this but each time i m unable to find which is the ip of that particular person whom i m looking for. I m continuous ****ed up by my gf who is challenging me to track her ip using msn (she belongs to msn cooperation) so guys pls help me and tell me the way how can i find her ip. i'll wait for some good response.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    hi guys
    Hi.

Is anyone interested in explaining the process of trasing ip of some person while surfing a 3rd party server such as yahoo or msn messenger.plz don't bore by advising me the netstat command while transfering some file, i'm dead tired of using this but each time i m unable to find which is the ip of that particular person whom i m looking for. I m continuous ****ed up by my gf who is challenging me to track her ip using msn (sh belongs to msn cooperation) so guys pls help me and tell me the way how i can find her ip. i'll wait for some good response.
    Hmmm, ok, where to start first...She's not going to have her IP address listed because unless she's direct-connected to you (which then, netstat -a would show). Direct connection establishes a peer-to-peer connection between you and whoever, therefore giving access to their machine while they have access to yours at the same time, within the confines of the program (like Audiogalaxy has p2p but it's limited to the shared folder that's defined by audiogalaxy). Then, you can find out what's connected by doing the 'netstat -a' and look for 'ESTABLISHED' connections. You shouldn't have that much connected, but if it's confusing, close browsers, email, and everything except your MSN connection. If you can't direct-connect, then her IP won't be shown because she can hide it in MSN, or through a server connection which would be assigned a bogus address (like 172.16.16.109).

If I knew more about her account, I could tell you more, but I can't.

There's various other methods, but I'm not gonna go into detail as that'd take time and all you're interested in is that blasted MSN program. (that is, if you're referring to Messenger, unless I got it wrong and she's using MSN for an ISP, of which then you should tell her I said "Get a real ISP").
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Actually, Vorlin, I'm a little interested here myself. How would I go about finding the IP of any such person whom I encounter, say, on MSN Messenger? I mean, most probably, since they're connected to the MSN servers, I should recieve the MSN servers IP, right? I have used the 'send them a file, and run netstat -n' method, but other ways of getting it done would be interesting
    I blame you cos my mind is not my own, so don't blame me if I trespass in your zone!

Talking

Hello

hmmmm IP Scanning and tracing huh...

I have been testing this out myself for awhile.. But never tried
    to scan users on MSN..... hmm...

OK there are a few ways to find your girlfriend's address.But you will need
    a special program to do that.. no net stats may not work. but other programs or software DO.. this is WHY they keep upgrading
    MSN and ICQ.. because of exploits in their software.

I noticed if someone sends me a file through MSN, my firewall
    ( zone alarm) May go off and state a warning message along with the IP address. I can doa search on this address from there
    using the zone alarm ---> more search , engine.. It will take you to a web site and explain a few things about the scan report.. then also ask if you want to know WHO this person is.

Behold... you now have enough info on your girlfriend

There are other methods too. but I do not know about posting
    this and doing all that explaining

Sorry
    Corynthus

Angry i need a suggestion

hello guys
    Again the person teased by her gf. , also i'd like to thanks all the persons specially vorlin for their help. i used the net stat command successfully but guys netstat command needs a file must be transfered in ordor to trace her wat would be the alternative suggestion if other person is not accepting any file. I've read the vorlin post titled as "Newbies read it 1st" from where i came to know about ass sniffer. but i m unable to use it. it gave me error while converting my ip into fake one. well if anyone can help me by covering this problem or i'll be very glad if some one suggest me some alternative software for tracking the ip of my gf and so get the prays of a poor lover

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    If she's logging in through MSN, and if MSN does the same thing as AOL does with somehow handing out 'fake' IPs (AOL uses the 172.16.* net I believe), then accepting a file isn't going to help your cause because unless you can map that IP through MSN to her connection where her valid IP is, you're pretty much out of luck. As stated before, I'd tell her to get a real ISP as MSN & AOL aren't "real" ISPs. Direct connection would work but see aforementioned fake-ip note.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Red face My Two Cents Thrown In

First, I hope I didn't offend you when I jokingly referred to you as a possible Al Qaida terroist... so sorry... my humour can go too far...

Now then, IMHO, without getting yourself too immersed in rather skillful and esoteric techniques, may I suggest a simple, straight-forward shareware program... 20 US dollars... that will give you an IP address? It is called "Purge-IT"... nothing eloquent, prone to error from time to time, but rather neat, quick 'n dirty, and may be of some help to you...

Once again, my apologies for calling you a cyber terrorist...

---Kewl_Zero---

Thumbs up Case In Point, N-Style...Case In Point

Greetings to all, especially n-style:

While posting my suggestion to you, my personal pc detected a SubSeven attempt against it. Sooooo.... putting my recommendations where my mouth was, I used my personal software--- NOT MY COMPANY'S--- to find the IP of the naughty offender... Using Purge-IT, I found the following information without fuss or muss:

"... 63.206.235.240, remote port 4741...
    adsl-63-206-235-240.dsl.Isan03.pacbell.net"

Just using this simple shareware program gave me some very basic information in determining the IP...

Now, I would have rather used more accurate firepower, but for the new user... I am rather partial to Purge-IT... I hope this helps you out, n-style...

Oh, BTW... do make the time to study TCP/IP...

Warmest regards,

---Kewl_Zero---

Exclamation Girl friends

Damn g/f's.... The number of post I read hear of g/f's teasing and such......
    KNOWLEDGE IS OF TWO KINDS: We know a subject ourselves or we know where to find information upon it. SAMUEL JOHNSON

thanx buddies

hi folks
    1st of all i'd like to thanx all the great fellows who helped me, specially vorlin and kewl. i m just downloading this software (purge-it) now. after it i'd check it but guys will it trace the ip of hackers only, i mean trace the ip of only those person who attempted to hack u.....? also the MSN messenger is a 3rd party server based chatting program, means one is chatting with other not peer to peer connection but through the server of msn. and also its like AOL, gave the fake ip of other person. so if purge-it can give me the true ip of her than its really really great. and if not than again fellows i'd need your help. (and kewl i m studying the TCP/IP article, its very helpfull, thank you)
    so guys keep cooperating with poor lovers like me and byee for now.