Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: British family, honestly who gives a damn!!!

Angry British family, honestly who gives a damn!!!

I can't take it anymore, what is the deal with the "royal family". Those imbread rich stuck up "im royalty" jerks have no business being on the news. Seriously who cares if prince whoever is smoking pot, If I was an English citizen I would be so pissed off that I was paying these people to do aboslutely nothing. They are born and are just automatically rich, what the hell is the deal with that!!!

From what I've heard from my Brit friends. The British really love they're royalty (unless you're one of the Sex Pistols).

I could say the same about O.J. or Monica L. or Gary condit or the thousands of other stupid stories in the U.S. that get pounded into our brains by the media.

I blame the media.

I think they've gone way too far in the wrong direction to serve any useful purpose except to get a good laugh out of every so often.

'Nuff said.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Exclamation

I agree with KorpDeath, the media dogs should be leashed.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Having a royal family is a matter of tradition. There is also another important issue. In the USA you have a tradition of standing behind the president, no matter what political views you have. During the election you all stand behind your candidate, after the election you all stand behind the president. (More or less)

This is kind of hard for europeans with royal families to relate to. Instead we have a king or queen who is politically neutral, and will act as a symbol that will unite all of us. Our political differences is set aside. You might say that this is useless and change is needed, but things are not that easy. A change has to come forward from within the people, and at this time most stand behind the royal family.
    ---
    proactive

I have to agree with Clavin 42, these people are born and the country owes them a HUGE LUXURIOUS LIVING.
    Holland has a moron for a prince as well., bad teeth and no brain who spent millions of guilders to travel up and down to Argentina to **** his gf and then go back to Holland. Money that the Royal family actually earned by slavery and killing thousands of innocent people. Now he's gonna marry the stupid bitch who's father served Argentina with a dictator. But then again the prince's parents aren't any better. All the queen bitches married German's, even after WW2.
    And what do the people say even after the secret service revealed that her father had to know about 30.000 people vanishing into thin air? Oh maxima is going to be our queen how wonderfull!
    What would Bush and the USA think if Jenna suddenly started to date Fidel Castro's son?

What I don't understand, is why smoking pot is such a big deal, even if he is royalty. It's normal for young people to experiment with substances such as alcohol and pot. It's not any heinous act, and in my opinion, nothing to be ashamed of. One of the biggest factors that leads to their experimentation is the fact that it gets all the attention that it does. It arouses their curiosity. Think about it. If you put a cupcake in front of a kid with the instructions not to eat it, what's the first thing they're going to do? They're going to wait until you turn your back, and eat it. What people should be doing is allow experimentation under controlled conditions. They're going to experiment with it anyway, so it's far better to at least control the conditions under which they try it. It's far better than having them try it on the street, where there is no control at all.

I've experimented with pot, myself, and I still don't understand what the big deal is. In fact, I still have a little once in a while, but certainly not very often, and when I do, it's not that much. I have actually found that if I have a little and wait for the effects to wear off, my mind is cleared and it's easier for me to do homework. See, I have a problem with things like creative writing. It's kinda like writer's block x10. It has caused lots of unnecessary stress. Once, I decided to try it after a slight buzz, and lo and behold, I could write again! The big difference between me and most other kids, however, is that I have the self-control to regulate myself, and make intelligent decisions as to when it's appropriate and not appropriate to use it.

I also don't understand why pot is so hated when it can be helpful to people. It has been proven to help chemotherapy patients keep their food down, and is also helpful for glaucoma patients. It's also very popular among people who have high-stress jobs, such as trial lawyers. It helps them relax, and it clears their mind. The same applies to high-strung people. People who suffer from mental problems such as depression also can see benefit from it. Once again, it gets the mind off of current problems, and allows it to drift. After all, you can't think about how bad you feel when you've rediscovered the wonderful taste of twinkies, while getting completely lost in your favorite song. (I know that first-hand, too.)

Pot is safe, too. Statistically, it's safer than alcohol, aspirin, and believe it or not, even coffee. I don't understand how coffee can be lethal, but apparently it has been to somebody. Of course, it's still not a good idea to drive while high, as it does impair the senses.

It's time to start teaching the truth about pot and other drugs, instead of this D.A.R.E. (or equivelant anti-drug "education" program) propaganda bullshit. It accomplishes nothing other than to arouse curiosity. Studies have even shown that D.A.R.E. actually INCREASES drug use among teens! Of course, instead of trying to reform the program, they just covered it up. How our society is reacting to pot is ridiculous, and needs to be changed. It's completely unfounded. Alcohol and alcoholism are a FAR bigger problems in this country, yet alcohol is legal. So how come a substance that is proven to be many-times safer than alcohol is illegal? It just makes no sense. Of course, most of what the government does nowadays doesn't make sense.

Originally posted by stflook

People who suffer from mental problems such as depression also can see benefit from it. (I know that first-hand, too.)

Pot is safe, too. Statistically, it's safer than alcohol, aspirin, and believe it or not, even coffee. .

I don't know where you're getting your info from! It's a proven fact that "pot" will CAUSE depression (but, so will alcohol) in long term users....It's not a cure for depression although it does have alot of other medicinal purposes.

Before I go any further I'd just like to point out that I'm not some "anti drug" campaigner. Quite the opposite actually...

But before you decide to go and smoke a few joints "to relax" because people in high stress jobs such as "lawyers" smoke to relax I suggest you read up on the effect of "the herb"...A good place to start can be found HERE...

Sure, smoke up and enjoy it, but just be aware of the consequences. I'm a smoker myself........
    \"It\'s not wise to argue with a fool...people might not be able to tell the difference!\"

Thumbs up

At least the Queen of England didn't
    have to take corporate campaign money
    or 'ahem' rig any phoney elections to
    get onto the throne.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Originally posted by rcgreen
    At least the Queen of England didn't
    have to take corporate campaign money
    or 'ahem' rig any phoney elections to
    get onto the throne.

rcgreen, if you're interested in such things (such as myself) you can find all you need to know about election fraud and similar topics at CONSPIRACY PLANET . It's where I get my REAL news stories!
    \"It\'s not wise to argue with a fool...people might not be able to tell the difference!\"

Originally posted by BlueLine

I don't know where you're getting your info from! It's a proven fact that "pot" will CAUSE depression (but, so will alcohol) in long term users....It's not a cure for depression although it does have alot of other medicinal purposes.

Before I go any further I'd just like to point out that I'm not some "anti drug" campaigner. Quite the opposite actually...

But before you decide to go and smoke a few joints "to relax" because people in high stress jobs such as "lawyers" smoke to relax I suggest you read up on the effect of "the herb"...A good place to start can be found HERE...

Sure, smoke up and enjoy it, but just be aware of the consequences. I'm a smoker myself........
    What I heard was that pot is considered a factor in causing depression, because it's used by a lot of depressed people, and is often considered the cause when it in fact is a symptom. Yes, I do have first-hand knowledge of that as well. I was trying to keep it discreet, since some people go off the deep end about that. They think that anybody who smokes pot must be a spawn of Satan. But since you brought it out of my post (no, I'm not offended), I do find that it helps. I have been diagnosed with depression, and a buzz (not necessarily baked) does help to get my mind off of it. I smoke very little, and not very often, but enough to know the effects. By the way, I never said it was a cure, but it can be a way to help cope, and is certainly not a long-term aid. It would be ridiculous to think that it could cure depression.

I do know about pot and its effects. Like any substance, there will be consequences if you take it. The people who insist it's the "wonder drug" with no side-effects are just trying to justify it to themselves. Every substance has its side-effects, but the type and severity do vary. I don't smoke it for the sake of somking it, or to be rebellious. Nor do I do it to try to be some big-shot "lawyer" person, or to try to be more mature than I am. I was merely stating the reasons for my position on the subject. I'm not some stoner burnout either. I do not do it for the same reasons most people my age do it, and I don't do it often.